Monday, September 19, 2011

35 Weeks, 4 Days

Quick Update without profile shots on Manna.

We had an ultrasound on Friday 9/16 since I have a history of macrosomia (giant babies). The day did not start off right as they changed the appointment time three times on me and made it where Matthew could not attend. I do not ask him to come to appointments, but ultrasounds are fun for the dad---they get to experience the baby whereas us mom's experience it every moment!!

Summary of results: Anticipating average sized baby (vs. giant Addison).

What was funny was the abdomen size was the one measurement pulling down the entire current size percentile; the head was 2 weeks ahead and the femur length was right on track. I TRIED to take it with a grain of salt since they predicted high 7 pounds with Addison and she was born 9.5 lbs but I was a little stressed when they said "average"!!! All these concerns flooded my head ranging from---"is this my fault" to "I dont know how to handle little babies". Then, I was reminded the baby is healthy AND these results mean we do not have to be induced before the due date!! THAT was the best news. So as of now, I am allowed to go 7 days overdue; we hope this will allow me to go on my own as well as allow Manna to get some chunk on :)

We did not get to bring any pictures home since Manna moved SO much during the u/s. The tech had trouble getting any shots that were good enough for measuring. Addison said "watch manna" and "Mommy is lie down" the entire time. LOL!!!

Summary of Doc Visit:
  • BP: 120/60 Although this is normal; its high for my history. The doctors always laugh at me when I say that is high LOL.
  • Heat beat: 140's...interesting as its been in the 130's until now. Hmmm....
  • Tests: Had Strep B test.
  • Overall: All seems/sounded well; Head down and "almost engaged"---that would explain the couple of contractions over the weekend and some of the slight pain. As we all know, head down status could still change.
  • Progress: 1.5 cm dilated; 50% effaced. Apparently this is right on track for second babies at week 36, so we are a tiny bit ahead. Interestingly, this is where we were at with Addison at 37 weeks and then nothing changed after that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment