Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Find Your Station-A toddler, an infant and a SINGLE stroller!

The thought of a toddler not in a stroller in a store (or any public place) made me go into a panic attack until I read "Loving the Little Years" by Rachel Jankovic. Now we can walk with Caleb in the stroller and big sister walking beside us!!!! Sometimes the double stroller is not suitable where we are going (tight places, quick stops, or simply a toddler who needs to burn off energy, etc.).

It is simple, we put something we call the "special station strap" on the single stroller and Addison must "find her station" when we walk. She holds on to this and walks beside the stroller. She is expected to hold on to it for the duration of our trip or when we tell her she can let go for some reason. We hyped it up and made a big deal about it the first time and gave her a special treat after her first successful shopping trip using it. Now she says "yay yay yay" when we tell her to "FIND YOUR STATION EVERYONE"!! And when Caleb touches her strap when we are walking we be sure to tell him not to touch big sisters special station strap (as if he understands right now) and Addison feels even more special. It's working great so far and gives her some much deserved freedom.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea. Why didn't I think of that,

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea!!! Rowan loves to show her independence too, so I think this would be great! Plus, the only double stroller we have is our double BOB jogging stroller and it is a BEAST and out of the question to take anywhere besides running.

    And, I just nominated you for a Liebster blogging award because I love keeping up with y'all and knowing I have a friend in the same season of life :} More details are on my blog today. Thanks for everything!

    XO,
    Cameron

    ReplyDelete