I see many of my fellow mom's posting pictures of the sweet little ones eating and often they are shirtless. When Addison was a young toddler I would wonder why this was--were they hot? Were they THAT messy? Was it just before bathtime? I finally learned that most of my mom friends did this because even though their child wore a bib, they were still messy. Messy, WITH a bib on? How is that possible I thought? Then there was my Addison....the child who always does things differently than the norm. Of course I had no idea how abnormal she was until I had a normal, messy, toddler. (Please do no misunderstand me, abnormal is wonderful--I am not complaining).
Addison has always been a fairly neat eater. It may fall around the edges of her plate, but rarely has it ever gotten much on her shirt or bib on an everyday basis. Even before 12 months she was not messy. So as I said--I wondered, why the shirtless meals?
Enter my sweet Caleb. Oh my dearest little Caleb. I have learned why shirtless meals make sense...his sleeves and even pants are covered in anything he eats. Every. Single. Meal. Well today is the last day he will stain the sleeves of a shirt. He will be eating in a short sleeved onesie until summer---then we go shirtless.
All you moms out there feeding shirtless, I commend you for figuring this out sooner than me. I confess, I was a little slow to figure this one out :)
No comments:
Post a Comment