Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Confessions of a Stay at Home Mom: I Love Vacuuming

I love vacuuming.  Maybe I love it because that's the kind of thing Mom's love.  Maybe I appreciate the little things.  Maybe little, by little my house has turned into an insane asylum and the repetitive activity brings me comfort.  I am uncertain the underlying meaning (maybe I should ask a therapist) but here are the reasons vacuuming brings me to my happy place:


  1. The gorgeous, breathtaking marks on the carpet...I can actually SEE the progress of what I am doing, unlike my real job of stay at home mom
  2. Even if the rest of my house is a disaster, the glimmering lines makes everything appear less disastrous and amazingly tidy.
  3. The noise...I can only hear the hum of my Dyson.  No crying, no fighting, no tantrums, no taddling, just humming.
  4. Little effort...big return.  It takes 90 seconds to vacuum my living room.  In just 90 seconds I can go from pulling my hair out to euphoria.
And that my friends....is why vacuuming brings a smile to this often disheveled, no make up face.

No comments:

Post a Comment