Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Look Who is 9 Months...

In the words of my son, "OH MY BANANAS" I cannot believe this girl is 9 months old.

 I couldn't decide between the two pictures!
The Stats
Weight and Height:  Coming Friday at the well visit.......
Diaper: 4
Clothes:  18 months; she can squeeze into knit 12 month pants but otherwise 18 months

Sleeping:  There are some opportunities here.  Due to preschool, her schedule cannot be quite ideal, but she is a trooper and is happy as can be even when she DOES get the 45 min intruder.  She sleeps great at night 12-12.5 hours.  Ideally she would nap 1.25 hours in the morning and 2.5-3 in the afternoon.  The morning has been the tricky one lately.

Nursing:  We are almost to the ultimate goal, one year!!  She is already trying to wean so hopefully the transition to almond milk will be easy!

Eating:  I am much more laid back with fun foods with her; she loves feeding herself and eating what the big kids eat.  She likes fruits more and more each day but still prefers the green!!!!

Milestones:  This is where things got CRAZY; in the past month...
  • Signed proficiently, regularly and with the intent to communicate vs just copying!
  • Sat herself up
  • CHUGS from a cup
  • Started crawling--Army style just like big sister
  • Said: daddy with recognition, cracker (cra-cra), bub
  • Pulled up in crib
  • FINALLY--giggling.  She laughed plenty before now but it was only when something was hilarious, she realized this month that laughter is social.  
Personality:  Although she is clearly social, she is not overly talkative like Addison and Caleb.  Words to describe her as of late:  mischief, social, thoughtful.

Independence:  I try for 15 minutes of play pen time 3-5 times a week.  The reality of being the third, we have things to do.  Since she has just got mobile, we are just now starting this.  I really believe in blanket time, so I MUST get consistent.

Separation Anxiety:   Here we are...facing it.  Brutally.  Just like the other two.  The only difference is she is perfectly comfortable watching me leave when she is with Matthew.  The other two had trouble off and on even when I left them with Matthew.

My darling Blythe,  I find myself loving you with a depth I never knew I had inside me.  I cannot even imagine how this depth would look had there been two of you!  You bring so much joy to this family.  Even in the most challenging moments, because we have those, you are a glimmer of sunshine with your squinchy nose, sweet squeal, joyful clapping and huge loving green eyes.  My life is richer because of you.  My life is more beautiful because of you...more fulfilling, more worthwhile....our Lord in heaven surely blessed me with the honor to mother you.  As I think about this high honor, I am so humbled.  I have said this many times, but I will say it again--one day when you read this I hope you will understand how much I love you, how proud I am to be you mother and blessed we are to have you in our family.




No comments:

Post a Comment