To celebrate Lincoln graduating from his cranial band AND turning one AND joining our family....we decided to have some family photos done. My friend Rachel did a great job and was so patient with our scheduling. Between weather and sickness it took three sessions to get these done, so yeah...she was patient.
These pictures really capture our family. In their entirety you will not see precise hair, cooperative children, ideally coordinating outfits, quintessential smiles, or perfectly posed shots....but what you will see is who they are, both the perfect and imperfect. I love photos like this. They capture life, which is far from perfect. When we look back on these photos we will remember their personalities so accurately.
 |
| Addison 7, Caleb 5, Lincoln 1, Blythe 3 |
 |
| Addison 7, Caleb 5, Lincoln 1, Blythe 3 This is a pretty accurate interpretation of our children |
|
 |
| The Grant Gang 2017, Capturing where we live at the moment, Suwanee, GA (we seem to be nomads) |
 |
| Caleb 5, Blythe 3, Lincoln 1, Addison 7; Yeah thats about right at one person being silly in the photo |
 |
| Caleb 5, Blythe 3, Lincoln 1, Addison 7 |
 |
| The Grant Gang 2017 |
 |
| THIS is US |
 |
| The older sibs |
 |
| Someone is escaping! |
 |
| Someone is escaping! |
 |
| Yeah it is all smiles and giggles for Blythe until....... |
 |
| The ACTUAL baby joins the photo :) |
 |
| Addison 7; She is full of knowledge and wisdom beyond her years. She is nurturing, kind, gifted, loving, patient and a rule follower. She will succeed in anything she sets out to do. Addison makes parenting easy and teaches me more than I could ever teach her. |
 |
| Caleb 5; This photogenic boy loves people BIG, I mean BIG. He crazy loves his family and has already demonstrated he would do anything to protect them. His self sacrificing personality (or as we call it his "give you his last cookie" personality) is inspiring. You will never in your life EVER meet someone so loving...EVER. He will make an amazing husband and father one day, much like his Daddy. Watch out ladies, he is a keeper. |
 |
| I am sorry....but does he TAKE bad photos? |
 |
| Blythe 3 years, Oh this girl---this look sums her up perfectly. Blythe is electric, she can brighten the gloomiest day. She can cheer up the most sorrowful. She marches by the beat of a different drum. As young as 18 months old, people would follow her. She is a leader. She is strong. She is brave. She is Blythe. ROOOOARRRR :) |
 |
| Blythe 3, Cheesing it up :) |
 |
| Blythe 3, Looking like her Daddy here |
I warn you...here begin the Lincoln photos and there are a lot. We did not publish photos of him while he was in his band so I went a little crazy here because....well...I love him and THAT ZANY HAIR!!
 |
| Lincoln 1; This is the perfect picture because his hair is show cased and this has been his favorite face since he was about 9 months. Lincoln has been such a chill baby after the move settled down. He does not like to be alone...but why would he...he never has to be! He makes us laugh with all his funny talking and faces. He has a contagious cackle. Lincoln has a gentleness about him that I cannot accurately describe in such a little one, but its quite remarkable. I am excited to see his personality change and evolve. |
|
 |
| Lincoln 1, Caleb 5. My loving boys. |
 |
| Blythe 3, Addison 7. My sassy girls. |
These children may never completely understand what a wonder father they have. He is a beautiful combination of of the children's personality; he gave Addison genuine kindness; he gave Caleb a self-sacrificing nature; he gave Blythe her electricity--you just WANT to be around Matthew (those who know him know what I am talking about); he gave Lincoln gentleness. Go back and read how I described them above. These photos---This is him. This is Matthew.
 |
| We gave up trying to be serious...and it was way more fun! |
Life IS crazy. Life IS exhausting. Life IS overwhelming most days.
BUT
Life IS filled with laughter. Life IS filled with love. Life IS filled with forgiveness.
Life IS filled FULL with these people. These people I love and that love me...despite me :)
No comments:
Post a Comment