Monday, December 4, 2017

Happy {Ninjago} 6th Birthday to Caleb

Happy {Ninjago} 6th Birthday to Caleb Asher!

 Despite a last minute location change, we had a grand time celebrating ninja style.  The party was originally planned to take place at a nearby park, this was Caleb's one request aside from ninja theme.  The weather did no cooperate but thankfully the HOA president helped us rent the neighborhood clubhouse at the last minute; it all worked out well!

During the party we made throwing stars, hunted for hidden ninjas, had a sword fight, practiced target practice with a balloon dart game and ate some yummy food.  It was a fun filled party!  Check out the pictures below and my annual letter :)






Happy Birthday Caleb.


Party Table


Favor bags and foam swords.  The swords were a HUGE hit; I am so glad we found them.



A friend made the cake this time.


Its amazing how a 5 minute project or wrapping the water bottles adds so much to the party.


Spinjitzu Sticks


Throwing Star Making Station.  We tried to use ninja words for everything :)  Matthew had pre-folded everything for the kids, but it still proved to be a pretty hard task--Sorry kids!

Sweet Nigiri; it was supposed to be the style suhi with the fish on the outside


Close up of sweet nigiri

The ninjas were watching......
 
Instead of a pinata, we filled balloons with fun prizes and kids threw a dart at it...the dart throwing wen along well with the ninja theme too


Seeing the party set up!



Seeing the party set up!
 
Birthday Boy!


Birthday Boy!


Ninja Caleb ready to go!


My three oldest Ninjas!


Making throwing stars.


Sword fight after the kids found all the ninjas hidden all over the club house.


Time to eat!


Time to eat!


Time to eat!



Time to eat!

The two littlest guests.

Caleb adores this little girl.


Time for Cake!



Took a few blows to get them out :)



Alexis, Reagan, Addison, Madison!



All the party guests!


Caleb,

My how you have matured and grown up this year my darling Caleb.  This year you started Kindergarten...this means you are away from home for the first time all day everyday.  Please know how it hurt my heart to see you sad to leave a few times this school year.  I know it may seem like I WANT you gone because I must urge your tearful departure without any emotions of my own, but this is far from the truth.  My heart aches during difficult "see you laters".  I want nothing more than to solve the problem at hand for you, but alas I cannot for if I do, I will not be encouraging your independence.  However, we have come out the other side victorious and your contagious smile waves goodbye each morning.

You are thriving in school, Caleb.  Not only are you excelling academically (third grade reading level WOOT!!!), you are a leader in your class and eager to serve others.  I had lunch with you on your birthday and I loved watching you greet every teacher AND student by name as they walked past us.  Each teacher and student lit up upon your greeting.  Caleb, your servants heart and love for life is electric....contagious...beautiful.

Recently you lost your first tooth and I think that childhood rite of passage always reminds me you are growing up so quickly.  I like to tease you and pretend to cry every time we meet these milestones bellowing "you are all gown up"....when I do you always look up at me with your big brown eyes and say "mommy, I love you.  Don't worry I will take care of you when you are old."  You know what, Caleb?  I believe it.

You are the glue among the siblings.  Sure, you all aggravate each other but I watch you bring the girls together.  I watch you try to include everyone...even Lincoln who is really too young to know he is left out yet.  You consistently seek to make choices that make others happy while, sometimes, sacrificing your own desire.  You care so deeply for this family; Daddy and I always say you would give away your last cookie :)  You are so much like your Daddy in this way.  You both have a beautiful self sacrificing servant's heart, this is what makes your Daddy an exceptional father, husband, brother, son and friend, although some people take it for granted.  You will be all these things too.  I pray that you find friends who see and appreciate this quality in you.  I pray our family always encourage this in you.  I pray those around you know it is a privilege to know you because of these qualities.  Hear me...it is a privilege to know you.  Listen.

I adore you passion for Jesus, his word and sharing his love.  You are amazing and so filled with a wisdom I am certain I did not possess until I was twice your age.

I am not perfect Caleb.  I never will be.  I am thankful you have a heavenly father who loves you perfectly and loves you even bigger than I do.  You grant me abundant forgiveness every time I fail you, thank you.  I love you more than I can articulate here or ever say to you.  I hope when you read these words over the years you can hear and feel how important you are to me (and daddy), how loved you are, how admired you are and how we see so much beauty in you.

I have used one word to describe you since the day you born, BIG.  You do everything big.  Still.  Love Big.  Cry Big.  Serve Big.  Upset Big.  Noisey Big.  Do life Big.  So...I will conclude as I usually do....

All my BIG love,
Mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment