Friday, July 30, 2010

Date Night "In"

Since Matthew did not have to work last Monday, he decided to have a Date Night "In". He prepared a wonderful meal, took care of Addison most of the day and then selected a movie from our DVD collection to watch. Even more impressive, he did not use any recipes---he made it all up!! It was a wonderful surprise and a sweet way to use HIS day off. I am so lucky to be married to this man and I really do love him more everyday! We are still semi newlyweds, so its ok to still be mushy gooshy right?

Dinner Menu
Summer Grilled Shrimp Salad
(spinach leaves, Italian marinated grilled shrimp, feta cheese, purple onion, toasted pecans, raspberries and strawberries with raspberry walnut dressing)
French Bread with Olive Oil
Sparkling Raspberry-Grape Juice
(this was a combination of Welch's White Grape Juice, Raspberry Crystal Light and Orange Juice)
Fresh Fruit Medley with Whipped Cream
(strawberries, raspberries and blueberries with whipped cream and chocolate drizzle)

Sounds yummy right? I think he is a better cook than me...maybe he should start cooking all the dinners :)

Adding some sparkle...Welch's sparkle that is....to our beverages!

The signature self-portrait

Voila!
Voila! Voila!

Thanks my love for a spectacular evening! I love you........always :)

1 comment:

  1. Dang Matthew! Wanna do a Krista Kooks guest post?! :)

    ReplyDelete