Addison did great playing with the two older boys and was so patient with the lil non share-er we had. One of the boys took away EVERY toy Addison even came near. She would just look at the little boy sometimes grumble a bit and then move on. I do not mind if another kid does not share with Addison and I rarely get involved because she needs to learn to sort out her differences on her own. Not to mention, SHE needs to learn to share. OF COURSE, I get involved when things get physical or start getting out of hand. So right off the bat I was already proud. No tears with all the toy sharing.
Addison loves other small babies. She always tries to give them her cup of milk or share with them but I was truly anxious to see how Addison would react when I needed to HOLD the younger baby. I braced myself for a melt down. To my surprise, she just wanted to watch. She never tried to get in my lap, she never got upset...just watched. I could not believe it! I realize this was ONE TIME and having Manna will be everyday, but it is step in the right direction. That is all I care about.
And next...practice for mommy!! Addison and my friends infant were the last two in the nursery after service. Since I know her, I decided to bring her son to her from the nursery to the sanctuary. Carrier in one hand, Addison's hand in the other, two bags and a purse on my shoulder, we headed down the hall!! We made it with no injuries, HOORAY! And remember, Addison JUST started walking so we are practicing walking holding my hand vs. carrying. Why even get used to being carried now that she can walk?
The way I figure it------ANY practice is good practice!!!
Addison is going to be a terrific big sis.
ReplyDelete