Addison started preschool a few weeks ago and I also worked the first two weeks of school. It is a co-op so mom's work as a teacher's assistant every 6 weeks. I worked for two weeks to make up for missed time after we have Manna; the school was/is so wonderful about working with us. We can pay a sub to work for us, but I LOVE hanging out with kids (I do not work in Addison's class).
A few people criticized us or furrowed their brow upon hearing that we were starting her in school "already", but our goal with school is to socialize Addison. She tends to be a little shy, so we felt like she needed structured time to be around other kids her age. Also, after working in the older 2's and young 3's class---I am VERY glad we started school at this age. Some of those children had a lot of trouble coping without mommy and their distress lasts much longer than a 1.5 year old.
Addison attends school Tuesdays and Thursdays 10am - 2pm and has been doing fantastic. Her teacher, Miss Sandy, is also from Mississippi. Although Addison does not nap during their rest time, she lays quietly on a mat on the floor. She is exhausted when we get home and goes straight for a 3-3.5 hour nap!!! On the way home from school she just talks and talks about her day. The teacher said she is a joy; glad we gave her a middle name of JOY :)
I LOVE getting little art projects sent home too :)
Addison's classroom during Open House the day before school started; she jumped right in.
Addison's classroom during Open House the day before school started.
Although they spelled her name wrong, this is where her art work hangs everyday :)
Making her lunch the night before--do not ask why I was so excited about making her lunch.
Off to school.
Little hesitation, but no tears :)
So sweet! I remember both girls' 1st day...that's a tough one. Do NOT let anyone turn a brow at her being in school! It is the BEST thing we have done for our girls. Both can sign, Reese knows Spanish, they both go to Chapel weekly. It is amazing what they do there!
ReplyDelete