CALEB
We new we wanted his first or last name to be biblical so we searched for a strong biblical name whether it be first or middle. It's funny because we debated first names all the way up until the week we were induced and Caleb was never on the short list until we chose it just a few days before he was born. Caleb is of Hebrew origin and the meaning of Caleb is "faith, devotion, whole hearted".Caleb, a companion of Moses and Joshua, was noted for his astute powers of observation and fearlessness in the face of overwhelming odds. I love the last part---fearlessness in face of overwhelming odds; I hope Caleb lives up to his name and is fearless because of his faith in the Lord. In fact, I feel like he was already fearless in the face of odds by proving the doctors wrong that he would be a tiny thing when he was born; he was 9 pounds 6.5 oz!!!
ASHER
While pregnant, we always give our babies a gender neutral nickname since we do not find out gender. Addison was "blessing" and Caleb was "manna"; each had their own special meanings behind them. When we stumbles on the name Asher, we immediately knew Asher must be the middle name because Asher means the same thing as Caleb's nickname. Check out the meaning of his nickname Manna: "Little Manna". Asher means fortunate, happy and blessed; how true the meaning of his middle name!! Babies are such a blessing and we are so fortunate to be blessed with two healthy children. Admittedly, I do not always remember this when I am awake in the middle of the night with an upset baby or when someone is screaming for an unknown reason. However, his name always reminds me of what a blessing my two babies truly are!So there you have it.....the why behind Caleb Asher's name. Coming up soon....Caleb's 2 month well visit. I cannot wait to see how much he weighs, he's HUGE!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment