Happy 3 months to our grinny Caleb Asher!
The Stats
- Weight: 16 lbs 2 oz
- Height: ???
- Diaper size: 3, but he could probably wear a 2 for another week but I went ahead and opted to buy a box of size 3 rather than size 2 and risk them not lasting
- Clothing size: 6 mos, 6-9 months and some 3-6 months. Wear length does not matter he can do the 3-6 month some still
The Developments
- Sleeping: Caleb is still sleeping through the night with a dreamfeed however naps seems to be an issue. We are working on it but its two steps forward and about 1.99 steps back. Instead of the 45 minute intruder getting him, he wakes up with 30 minutes left to go in his nap---and NO he is not hungry I assure you. We are treating him for reflux as of today, so that MAY help since that is about when the acid would be at its peak.
- Witching Hour: Now that we are on a 3.5 hour schedule, he does not seem to struggle with this exclusively, its more a universal nap problem now.
- Routine: We are on a 3.5 hour routine now with his day starting at 7:30 am eating every 3.5 hours until the final feeding. He follows the eat/play/sleep cycle until bedtime and he has about 1.5 hours of wake time each wake period. His last "daytime" feeding occurs around 6 PM and then I TRY to top him off at bedtime (7:30 to 8:00) but he usually wont eat. We do not feed him again until 10:30 pm at the dreamfeed. So that is 5 feedings a day and 6 feedings if he will take the top off feeding.
- Mobility: He still only rolls from tummy to back occasionally and he appears to be trying to roll from back to tummy when big sister is around because he wants to see her! Still a long way to go on that front yet. Caleb is sitting in his bumbo chair a lot now and loves to knock toys of the tray and here me say "uh oh".
- Verbal: He is talking, talking, talking now. I am afraid poor Matthew will be surrounded by chatterboxes (I am one of those) if Caleb keeps up at this rate.
- Personality/Disposition: Alright, for those of you who know me know that Caleb has been a TOUGH baby. I am not going to paint a pretty picture and say it has been easy because it has been the furthest from easy. This is the hardest thing I have EVER done in my life---EVER. And I thought ONE baby was hard, HAHAHA, NO WAY! Caleb is proving to really, really be a very snuggley kid. Caleb can be CIO during a nap and the moment you pick him up he snuggles his head into your arms and is perfectly calm. He was definetly not trained to "need" to be held I can just see this in his personality more and more each day. I must say, he loves his family---in fact he would probably stay awake all day long if he could just be in the same room with his family. He DOES love big sister and tries to track her with his eyes and he loves to talk to Daddy too. When Caleb is in a wake time, he is the sweetest, full of smiles, talkative, content, precious little boy. BUT he is like that because we fight FOR his sleep. He needs his sleep to develop and to be that precious little boy---so I WILL fight for it.
- Tummy: As I said above, we started Caleb on reflux meds a few days ago. We should know in a few weeks if it is going to help him. I PRAY that this is the solution, I just want my poor boy comfortable.
I miss both of my "other" babies! Thanks for the update.
ReplyDeleteHe's so adorable!!! So sorry he's been having trouble sleeping. I hope that his medicine helps! Graham had reflux too, although it didn't make him super fussy, he just spit up EVERYTHING all. the. time. I heard/read males are way more likely to have reflux. I'm also glad you're not sugar-coating how hard having 2 kids is, it's helping me to mentally pregpare, ha!
ReplyDeleteKeep hanging in there. He is so cute!
ReplyDelete