Friday, January 18, 2013
Caleb Lately, 14ish Months
Where has the time gone? My gooberlicous giggling baby boy isnt a baby anymore---he is a toddler. It is official, he has graduated from babyhood, watch out world!
Weight: 26.2 lbs
Height: Catching up to sister
Diaper Size: 5 (note: Addison never wore a five, ha)
*His 15 month well check is in about two weeks, so I will have some good stats by then*
Mobility: Although he crawls 75% of the time and 25% walking, I anticipate he will be mostly walking within a week. He took his time getting there but once he set his mind to it---he went from walking two steps to running within two days.
Dairy "allergy": Oh the dairy challenges abound. First things first, we are weaning from reflex medicine. He is taking a level that is just at a therapeutic level every other day. Once h is total off it, we will do a dairy challenge. Up until now, he has only had dairy baked in things and he can only have it in extreme moderation. We will start with low fat milk which is supposed to be tolerated as well as lactaid free whole milk. We are looking forward to putting this dairy issue behind us.
Sign Language: He LOVES his sign language, picks up signs after demonstrating 3-5 times and in fact prefers signs. Our pediatrician counts every sign as a word when they inquire about for verbal development, WOOT! I LOVE that about our pedi...sign language IS a language people!
Verbal: While he understands nearly everything that comes out of your mouth, his language development is fairly limited. He can say mama, daddy, Addy, ball, bear, bean, baby, pi (piper), BE (his snuggle blanket), more, kay kay (Caleb), dah (dog), I think that is it. He is slow and steady....that is his mantra.
Independence: Caleb enjoys his independent play time every day and loves to play without mommy ESPECIALLY when HE is alone...no Addison. He is MUCH better at playing alone at this age than Addison was. So interesting how different they are.
Sleep: He sleeps fantastic at night and does well with naps when we have stable routine. The nature of a second child is they have to flow more with their schedule; he flows great--I just don't always remember that. I will post about his napping schedule after our well visit in two weeks.
Teeth: Working on the last molar...so that 11 he has in.
Liquid Feedings: Tonight was the last night we did a bedtime feeding. We held onto the feeding since Almond milk has a mere 60 calories per serving vs. Whole milk with 120 or formula with about 100 or more per serving. It was not my preference to keep it this long, but its not about me and its not about looking like a perfect mom. I am sad to see this draw to a close, but excited about the future with two TODDLERS!!!
Eating: When no teeth hurt and it is just mommy and Caleb he is a fantastic eater. When there is an audience (really just Daddy and Addison) he likes to put on a food strike show. We draw the line in the sand and do not offer alternative meals, but it's hard not to cave to those big beautiful brown eyes.
Personality: Oh my...Caleb. Where to begin? His smile, goober giggle and eyes will absolutely make the worst day brighter. He is strong willed, knows what he wants when he wants and lets you know. Once he can articulate himself that may not be a bad quality. He is a lover not a fighter--when in doubt he wants to snuggle with you. Caleb chooses mommy's lap and hug over any other and I think that will stick for a while. His curiosity and thoughtfulness helps him learn quickly.
Nicknames: Bub (from Cal-UB), bub-a-rooni, bub-a-rooni San Francisco treat
My Dear Sweet Caleb Asher: There is never a dull moment with you. You keep Mommy on her toes...and her knees a lot. Since the day you were born I have shared with so many others about how you teach me so much; that is one thing that has not changed. You teach me about grace each day and I am sorry that I sometimes have to learn the hard way.
You are growing up so quickly. I often find myself searching frantically for the pause button. The depth of my admiration and love for you will never be able to be put into words, just know that I love you my sweetness in a way that I will love no other. Caleb, you challenge me ways I never thought I would overcome, you bring me such huge joy that I think I will burst sometimes, you have reminded me that I need my Savior more than any other, you have taught me LOVE. We have been through a lot, you and I...unknown allergies, reflux, raging separation anxiety, moving, breast feeding woes, transitions...we have battle wounds that I wouldn't trade for all the money in the world.
I love you Caleb Asher Grant and I look forward (although not too quickly) to the days when I can share with you all that you have taught me. And Caleb...keep being who you are because God made you perfectly; he will always love you and so will I. And maybe...just maybe all these notes I leave you on this blog will help you forgive me in all the many, many ways I fail you but yet how I dearly I loved you and still love you. Thank you, Thank you heavenly father for choosing me to be the mother to this beautiful little boy!
Well thats Caleb lately...tomorrow (or the next day) its Addison lately!!!!!)!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That was beautiful.
ReplyDelete