It is so cliche to say it but, time sure is flying by!!! Caleb turned 18 months old on April 27!
Caleb 18 months
Addison, 18 months
They look SO much alike except Caleb is my chub-ster :) I am astounded at how much they look alike!!!
Stats: Coming soon.....all I know is BIG
Diaper Size: Five
Clothing Size: 2T
Shoe Size: 6?? Lil feet!!!!!
Caleb Likes....
...giving hugs
...being tickled
...giving kisses
...books
...to giggle
...anything sweet or salty
...Broccoli Potato soup
...to do everything his sister does
...cars
...to talk to Daddy on the phone
...music
...bananas
...to dance
...open doors even after he has been disciplined for it multiple times
...to play with balls
...to sign
...to flirt
Caleb Does NOT like...
...to have his diaper changed except first thing in the morning
...eating anything green without lots of encouragement
...sitting still
...being disciplined
...waiting for food the moment the urge hits him
...being denied access to touch, see or be near mommy
...being buckled into the car seat
...having water dumped on his head
...strangers
...being told NO
Personality: Strong willed. Loving. Compassionate. Curious. Tender. Energetic. Leader.
Eating: Textures and the size of the bite are his hang up. Strange texture with not enough seasoning gets spit out and big bites of anything come back up. He actually is a good eater when he isnt over thinking things; for example when we eat out he is usually thinking more about whats going on than he is what he is eating. Also it's funny--he likes our homamde guacamole but not plain avacados; he likes broccoli potato soup and brococoli orzo but not the brocoli chopped up alone.
Allergy/Intolerance: When we go to his well visit next month, we will discuss testing skim milk to replace almond milk. Lower/Non fat dairy seems to bother him slightly less. He can have baked/cooked dairy in moderation. We limit it to one "serving" a day because otherwise his diapers are unmanageable and they bother his skin immediately after going #2 in them :)
Sleeping: He is a great sleeper. When he wakes up early or during nap, he patiently waits for someone to come get him. I am glad we kept going with BabyWise even though it was so challenging those first 6 months when we did not know what was wrong with him. I am sure as soon as I type this, something will happen to change my statement. He sleeps 12 hours at night and about 3-4 hours worth of naps. I do not know if he is sleeping all those times or resting, but that is the expectation. Any less sleep and he is a hot mess.
Paci: As always, we limit it to in the bed only. I only recently noticed that he is really liking his paci; we would take it away but I am about to face an 18 hour drive alone and I will need the help. He takes it out right when it is time to get up and has never asked for it any other time. We will probably wait until shortly after two to worry about it.
Independent Play Time vs Play Time with Others: Caleb has fantastic attention span during blanket time or play pen time. But when he has much more freedom, he jumps from one activity/item to the next. I think this might be normal, I am not sure because I know Addison is NOT normal.
Routine: We are in the process of dropping his morning nap. Here is a rough outline of how the routine will look once all the dust settles...
First Birthday October 27 2012
October 2012
November 2012
December 2012
December 2012
December 2012
January 2013
January 2013
January 2013
February 2013
March 2013
March 2013
March 2013
March 2013
April 2013
April 2013
To my sweetest little boy:
Oh Caleb, my heart skips a beat thinking about how much I love you even as I type this. I never understood how intensely parents could love more than one child until you were born. My heart's capacity to love grew so much when you entered the world. We have been through some trials my sweet love, but I think that will always make us close--so I am grateful for the trials. Your name, Caleb, means "whole hearted" and you live each moment with your whole heat and I love that about you. My favorite part of your name, Asher, means fortunate; we are fortunate to be a recipient your endless hugs, kisses and laughter--I think anyone else who knows you well would agree. I hope you understand that I would do anything for you Caleb. I would lay down my life for you if it meant you were exempt from pain, especially after I watched you be in pain for so long as a baby. I hope that you understand i dicipline you because I love you more than any other human can love you. I want you to be godly, righteous, loving, caring and beautiful (I mean on the inside) person and that's why we have time outs. NOTHING, NOTHING you will ever do will stop or even decrease my love for you. My little Asher, I consider it a privilege to be your Mommy. I am so glad that God gave me this time with you. As your big sister always says "I love you even more than much".
With all that I can give you,
Your Mommy



Those big brown eyes!
ReplyDelete