Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Blythe Juliette at Six Months

Happy Six Months Blythe!

I wrote a post earlier today about Caleb turning three on October 27 and I shared how I cannot believe how fast time is flying.  I feel the same about Blythe, I blinked and she's six months.  I want to freeze time.  I think it took me three children to settle into my role as a mom.  I am much more confident and relaxed this go round and I am loving it....maybe a little too much ;)  I swore this would be a short post, but I love this baby girl!

The Stats
Weight:  20 lbs 6 oz (97%)
Height:  27 inches (89%)
Head:  44.1 cm (92%)
Diaper: 3
Clothing: 12 months

Doctor Summary:  She dropped a little more in height than they like to see, but I suspect she has not hit the 6 months growth spurt yet.  Addison took a steep dip at one point as well.  She had a temperature of 100.4 at the visit but we still proceeded with all the vaccinations.  The next day her temperature was as high as 101.5--YIKES! She is growing well, developing on track or ahead, is strong and happy!

Personality:  I could spend an hour talking about how sweet and happy and lovable this little girl is!  She smiles constantly and really only fusses when you wipe her face after a meal or start the nap prep  routine. I would consider her a bit serious.  She is absolutely happy but not silly.  It takes A LOT to make her give you a tiny giggle, but smiles are plentiful.  She likes to inspect things much like her big sister.  She is also VERY patient, a quality she DOES NOT get from me.

Reflux:  We stopped the zantac and although she spits up a lot she does not seem in pain anymore--PRAISE!  I am slowly added dairy derivatives back into my diet as well.  So far so good.

Sleep:  We dropped the third nap this week.  She still needs it once in a while.  She takes a morning nap that lasts 1.5-2 hours and then an afternoon nap that lasts 2.5 hours.  She sleeps about 11.5-12 hours a night.  I nap her on her tummy and at night she is on her back.

Eating:  I just introduced solids at breakfast the past two days.  She has five liquid feedings/nursing periods and 3 "meals".  She HATES fruit.  Its crazy.  She LOVES spinach, peas, squash, green beans and cereal.  She HATES bananas and apples; I only recently got her into prunes and pears.  I am OK with a baby loving veggies!

Swaddle:  Oh the swaddle...oh the drama.  We are swaddled at night only.  We plan to drop the night time swaddle as soon as the dream feed is gone.

Dream Feed:  We held onto this until the time change was complete and since then we have been weaning...we are to 3 oz at 10:30.  Tonight we move the time up to 10:00 pm.  We will hang out there for a couple days then reduce to 2 oz at 10:00 pm for a day or two then it will hopefully be gone.  I like slow transitions.

Verbal:  Da, pa, wah, doo, ta, ta

Major Motor:  Sitting independently very stably.   She pushing up onto her toes during tummy time and has even gotten to her knees a few times.  Rolls both directions with ease.

Fine Motor:  Picks up puffs well; reaches for small and large objects with great accuracy; she is working on passing things back and forth from one hand to another without dropping it.

My Little Juliette:
Oh be still my heart.  My heart almost bursts when you smile because of how deep my love is for you; you make life so full!   Your big green eyes and smile light up a room.  I wish I could keep you this age forever.  You are so special to this family and I hope you can feel that through all the hugs and kisses smothering you by everyone in our family.  If I am never successful at showing you how much I love you, I hope all these posts articulate it clearly.  You are beautiful inside and out.  I could not stop loving you even if I tried.

Pictures & Videos

 Comparing the Grant Gang Trio at Six Months....
  
Blythe, Six Months

Caleb, Six Months

Addison, Six Months

 She likes to pat her hands on the ground like this

Smiling at her siblings

Sisters

 Triple trouble






Videos:

No comments:

Post a Comment