Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Caleb Asher is Three

Happy Third Birthday Caleb!

I am in complete denial that we are here....three years with Little Asher.  Wow, just wow.  Wasn't i just publishing blog posts sharing my struggles about my disgruntled baby...who ended up being in pain the whole time?  Didn't I just celebrate his victory over reflux and ultimately the end of his medications?  I blinked.


The Stats
Weight:  38 lbs 6.4 oz (94%)
Height:  39.8 inches (93%--I actually think this was a little tall based on watching them measure him standing)
Clothing: 4
Shoe: 9

Sleeping:  He still takes an afternoon nap.  Some days he tries his hardest to keep himself awake and others he is asleep instantly and is asleep until I have to wake him at 4 pm.  His nap starts arounf 1:15 or 1:30 and he must stay in bed a minimum of 1.5 hours but often I am waking him after 2.5 hours.  He is in bed for 12 hours at night, but much like Addison at his age, he is talking for a while before falling asleep.  It is a phase.

Potty:  We trained him in late march and while it was a little early in my opinion, with a new baby coming and Matthew being gone for 2 months we wanted it tackled before all that.  He struggled a little in the beginning but I am thrilled he is all successes all the time!  We do not night/nap train.  I follow their lead totally.  So that will come eventually.

Eating:  This continues to be a challenge; he has texture aversions much like his daddy.  We have NEVER  enforced a "clean plate" notion so we ask he try two bites of everything.  Generally he complies after a little dilly dallying.  Should he request seconds on something, he has to take a few more bites of the lesser desirable item.  While I prefer he be eating everything with ease, I am proud he at least meets the minimum expectations each meal.  It is sort of amazing he weighs as much as he does----especially considering his milk has 1/3 the calories of the milk most boys his age drink!

Learning:  This is a slow going process for Caleb....he wants to be on the move rather than sit and learn colors or numbers or letter sounds.  I am discovering even more ways to incorporate learning into the mundane moments throughout the day and how to make learning ACTIVE.  His imagination is astounding though.  He prefers to play using his imagination and be active--that is his jam and that is perfectly fine!!!  I am SO glad he will be old for his grade---this gives him a chance to be totally ready for school!

Vocabulary:  Caleb, much like Addison, is very articulate and always has been.  This is surprising considering he is 1) a boy and 2) second born.  He strings together complicated sentences with a variety of tenses and pluralization (sometimes correctly, sometimes incorrectly).

Disposition:  BIG.  That is how I always have and always will describe him.  Everything about him is big....BIG happy, BIG smiles, BIG tantrums, BIG hugs, BIG crying, BIG falls, BIG love....BIG!  Caleb has a very loving nature about him but definetly has a strong will.  The threes are in full swing with lots of "opportunities" for boundary and virtue training.  Everything is "but I want this instead of this" or "I want to do this instead of this" or "no" or whinning or emotional outbursts.  All typical threes behavior.  But when this boy is sweet MAN he is DARLING.


And interview with Caleb.....

  • I am Free years old...
  • The best show on TV is....Veggies Tales
  • My favorite thing about school is....playing outside
  • The thing I am best at is...playing on the Ipad
  • If I could change my name it would be....Olaf
  • My favorite color is...black
  • My favorite toy is...jack in the box at our home
  • When I grow up I want to be...teacher
  • I like to take these to bed with me at night...teddy bear
  • My favorite book is...Junior Battles to do his Best with Veggietales
  • My favorite movie is...Frozen
  • My favorite season is...summer
  • A food I really like is...crackers
  • My favorite animal is...monkey
  • My favorite sport is...roll down the hill
  • My best friend is...Addison
  • My favorite thing to do ever of all times ever...play ipad
  • My favorite thing I did this year was...watch a movie on the airplane.
  • What does daddy do for work?  Plays freeze ball
  • What does mommy do for work?  Get in a workshop
  • How old  old is Daddy? Three
  • How old is Mommy? Four


My Darling Caleb,
My heart is so full each time I think of you; a smile is creeping up on my face as I type this.  I am so proud of the little boy you are becoming.  Blythe is so well loved because of the hugs and kisses and stories and toys you shower her with each day.  You know how to love and even protect your baby sister--you will make a wonderful husband one day, much like your daddy.  You even comfort and protect your big sister too.  Any time she is feeling anxious about anything, you give her sweet reassuring words.  Your comforting words seem to speak to her heart in a special way.  I see you trying so hard to do all the things your big sister does and I can imagine that not keeping up gets frustrating at times.  You do so many things so well though, I hope you see that soon. For example, you have an amazing imagination that draws in AJ; that is one area where you really excel!!!!  Caleb my dear, I hope you forgive me when I lose my patience with your lack of listening.  I am working on it baby, I promise.  Thank you for teaching me too, Caleb.  You have taught me how to love well; you are so good at loving others.  I also love your excitement...you get excited about everything.  I love surprising you because you LIGHT UP every time.  I am thankful for you Caleb.  So thankful.  I am thankful that EVERYDAY I have the honor to be your mother.   I am thankful that I spend my days with you.  I am thankful that I get to catch your contagious laugh and smile all day long.  Thank you for being my Darling Caleb.  To quote you: "I love you......actually I love you too much".

Pictures and Videos

 One Month


 One Year

 Two Years


Three Years


 
Three Year Addison

October 2014
Had to hug his bear for a pic
 
 October 2014
Grant Gang Trio

October 2014
So similar, I love it!

 September 2014

  September 2014

June 2014

June 2014

 May 2014
  May 2014

 April 2014

April 2014

 March 2014

 
March 2014

 
 February 2014

January 2014

 
December 2013

 November 2014
 November 2013
 October 2013
 October2013
October2013

Videos







No comments:

Post a Comment