Thursday, April 30, 2015

Addison Joy is 5


 Wowzers, Addison turned 5 on April 1!!!



Clothes: 6 or 7
Height: We shall see next week!
Weight: 43 lbs
Shoe: 11.5-12
Teeth:  She lost two last November; the grown up teeth are almost completely grown in.  She has three more loose-two bottom and one top
Words to describe her: Nurturing, talkative, caring, talks back, timid, thoughtful, perfectionist, meticulous, bossy, leader, intelligent, loving, aware, mature, giving, outgoing introvert :), rule follower, sassy, teachable
Reading:  She is reading at or around a late 1st grade level, maybe early 2nd.  Addison has an amazing ability to sound out words and remember all the exceptions in our complex language.  While we eat dinner we spell random words for her and she can already visualize the word in her mind and tell you what we spelled.  Her comprehension and fluency is well beyond a 2nd grade level.
Math:  She is told a concept and its committed to memory with little to know reminding/reinforcing.
Fine Motor:  Cutting, coloring in the lines, painting, etc improves daily and her progress in the last year is sunning.
Major Motor:  My kids are tall and lanky so major motor is always a struggle for them.  However Addison attended dance class this year, I can tell his has improved her balance and coordination substantially.  We are undecided about continuing, but leaning toward yes.
Faith:  I truly believe that when Addison asked Jesus in her heart a little over a year ago, it was real.  She understands salvation to an uncanny depth.  Awanas remains a favorite activity of hers; we plan to continue next school year.  She will be in Sparks and Caleb will be in Cubbies.
Fears:  Oh golly, this one is BIG.  She has struggled with an INTENSE fear of wind for about a year now.  Just before Matthew left for his 2 months of training we had to go to the basement due to tornadoes in the area.  It was totally a non event; we did not make a big deal about it....in fact....we played fun games.  A couple of weeks later she read the Wizard of Oz and happen to see a Wal-Mart bag blow away......thus birthed the fear of wind regardless of what the weather is like outside.  And people, IT IS WINDY HERE EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!  In the past, swimming has been a fear but we are scheduled for two weeks of everyday swim lessons in June, so we are hopeful to make progress.  I believe the root issue is she is intelligent to make very logically conclusions, but no life experience to tell her the ODDS of things happening.


 An interview with Addison, as compared to her 4.5 year old interview:

  • What do you want to be when you grow up: Doctor
  • Hero:  Caleb and daddy
  • How old is daddy: 32 and a half
  • How old does daddy act: 11
  • How old is mommy: 32
  • How old does mommy act: 4
  • Favorite number: 100
  • What does daddy do:  makes some money for us; he works on his computer
  • Best friend:  Alexis...that is really my best friend because you can tell
  • Favorite color: pink and purple and lavender
  • What does mommy do: takes care of me
  • How many kids do you want one day: 10 hundred because I love babies
  • Favorite food: strawberries
  • Favorite activity: reading
  • Favorite book: pee wee scout books, magic tree house books, bob books
  • Favorite bible story: David and Goliath 
  • Favorite clothing: lavender clothing
  • If you could go anywhere in the whole world where would you go?: Egypt and Puerto Rico
  • What do you want your husband to look like: daddy, brown eyes, same size feet as mommy, loves Jesus, same size as daddy, same job as daddy
  • Favorite animal: snakes
  • Favorite song:  skip to my lou
  • Most looking forward to in Kindergarten:  Art
My darling blessing:
Addison, you are truly a joy to be around.  Your nurturing ability and wisdom of our Heavenly Father is well beyond your years.  I have learned how to nurture because of you.  You inspire me to learn more about Jesus, memorize his words and display his love by serving others.  You have been gifted with an amazing memory and ability to learn; using this for his kingdom will surely change the world!  I am speechless when I watch you read chapter books, signs, newspapers...anything your eyes can see.  You are truly gifted my darling...I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!  YOU are a blessing to everyone around you!

Today I was admiring your tiny freckles on your nose and just under your eyes.  I commented to you "I love these freckles, it reminds me of Mia" to which you said "mommy, I LOVE how God made me....me".  There is such wisdom in that.  When you read these posts one day, I want you to remember what you said...love how God made you.  Sadly Addison, one day people will say things to you out of their own insecurity, things that criticizing the very fiber of who you are or what you look like.  It will hurt, but remember your reckless love for Jesus when you said you "love how God" made you.  HE made you.  The creator of this universe took great care in creating you....so the words of others are meaningless, not worth your thought!  Choose to declare his truths to yourself and others, rather than allow the poisonous lies to penetrate your heart!

Matthew 10:26-32
26 “So have no fear of them, for nothing is covered that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known. 27 What I tell you in the dark, say in the light, and what you hear whispered, proclaim on the housetops. 28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.[g] 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?[h] And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. 30 But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. 32 So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, 33 but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

One thing I want you to always know darling...I love you more than I can articulate and I am INTENSELY proud of you.  When I discipline you or correct you, I KNOW it feels differently.  I know it.  Believe or not, often after disciplining you I am brought to tears because it is so hard to see you endure ANY pain, even the ones good for your training and upbringing.  But there is absolutely nothing you could ever, ever do that will change how I feel.  Ever.  I love you.  I always will...."just in case you ever wonder".

04.01.10, Newborn
04.01.11, One
04.01.12, Two
04.01.13, Three
04.01.14, Four

04.01.15, Five       She is a little girl now :)








No comments:

Post a Comment