Monday, May 23, 2016

Happy 6th Birthday Addison Joy

Addison turned 6 on April 1st and we celebrated with a low key art party!  This was the first party I out sourced; while I wanted to be the one making the decor and hosting, it was a good decision since Lincoln was due just a few days later (even though he did not make an arrival until two weeks later).


For her party we went to a pottery place where the kids get to pick a pottery to paint and then the store glazes it.  The kids were either totally bored or enthralled because there was not a peep from the 8 kids decorating their pottery!  What was nice about the party was we did not have to clean up and the party favor was the pottery they decorated!

Check out the pictures below and my annual birthday letter to Addison, enjoy.

Invitation
I got a new photo editing program and I do not even know how to crop hence the double image above!


Birthday Breakfast

Birthday Breakfast

Birthday Breakfast
She needed a little help with the candles :)

Family Gifts
Caleb's birthday is out all alone in October, meanwhile---we have FOUR birthdays from April 1-May 1 so he got a little prize from his Mia

Family Gifts
Trying to keep her occupied in the chaos

Family Gifts
My Felicity American Girl Doll for her Birthday

Family Gifts

Family Gifts

Family Gifts
From Mia and Papa...this is the first gift shes ever "asked" for

Family Gifts
Probably her favorite gift

Family Gifts
Even Blythe was excited

Family Gifts
Trying on her swim suit...silly thing

Party Day

Party Day
Where's the pause button?!


Party Day

Party Day

Party Day
Not my best work but hey, I was 40 weeks pregnant

Party Day

Party Day
Truly, her bestie



Party Day

Party Day

Party Day

Party Day
The last Grant Gang trio picture

Party Day


Party Day
Best picture of the birthday girl with Daddy

Party Day
Busy creating!

Party Day
Busy creating!

Party Day
My aspiring artist!

Party Day
Busy creating!

Party Day
Busy creating!

Party Day
No idea I had bought sparkler candles, whoops!

Party Day
Happy Birthday!

Party Day
And apparently sparkler candles are hard to blow out!

Party Day
All the artists!

Party Day

Party Day
The youngest party guest had trouble not touching all the pottery and paint--she just wanted to join in.  A little cake and coveted iPad time helped!





To the girl that made me a mommy for the first time:

Do you know you are amazing?  God made you so special and He made every part of you just the way He wanted, every single detail.  He decided where every cute freckle would be, he made your hair a beautiful golden color, he gave you a heart for others, he gave you a passion for learning, he chose your brothers and sister to be yours, he knows everything about you, you are perfect just the way you are because HE made you---THAT'S amazing isn't it?

Since your last birthday a lot has changed.  You started school, we had another baby, you started playing piano, you moved up to sparks at AWANAs...and more!  Proud does not sum up how I feel about your accomplishments at school.  You are a leader in class, always eager to help, love learning, a great example and just a JOY for others (teachers and students) to be around.  I am not the only one who thinks that!  You are learning so much right now and I admire how you take it all in!

Addison, you finished your sparks book TWICE this school year.  TWICE!  I loved watching you learn scripture, hide it in your heart and live it out!  I also loved seeing how proud you were of yourself for finishing it twice; it is so important to be self motivated and find encouragement from within rather than looking outside for it.

You are a wonderful big sister; you love to help and nurture your siblings!  We love your thoughtful and giving heart, Addison.  Just last week we were at your school carnival and you never took your eyes off Caleb.  You included him in everything.  You held his hand to keep him close.  You even kept him by your side when your school friends were playing with you.  Thank you for loving your family.

I hope you know how proud we are of you.  I hope you know that we love you with all our heart.  I hope you understand one day why we have to render consequences.  I hope you understand one day God called us to teach and train you.  I hope you know we are not perfect either; we make mistakes as parents too!  I hope you know that no matter what happens, no matter how old you are, no matter where you live, no matter what....our love for you will never change.  We will always love you my darling.  Always.

Your name is still so fitting...you are simply a JOY!













1 comment:

  1. You did a bang up job! Like the post it 6. Your words to her were touching and will mean ever more to her as she ages.

    ReplyDelete