As we get closer to the birth of our little Blessing on March 22, 2010--be sure to check back for baby updates, pictures and more!
As for now, here is a timeline to bring you up to speed. As I wrote this, I realized how much has changed in less than a year; engagement, marriage, moving, pregnancy...to name a few!!
- 12.22.08 - We get engaged on the Southern Miss campus!
- 05.09.09 - We finally become one at Dunleith in Natchez, MS !
- 06.18.09 - Lyla Claire Burley is born to Kimberly and Tim Burley, Matthew's sister! She is the cutest ever of all times ever---not to mention the best baby ever of all times ever!
- 07.22.09 - By taking a home test, we discover that we are possibly expecting. Wow, after being married only 2 months, SURPRISE...errrr...BLESSING!! That is were our baby got its now nickname, Blessing.
- 08.13.09 - Our first ultrasound and the day we share the news with our friends and family!

- 10.09.09 - Our second ultrasound. What an amazing site to see the hands, feet, eyes, spine! It confirms that being a parent is an honor and blessing given to us by the Lord. I think this is when I really realized, God has a special plan for this surprise blessing! With so few true surprises in life, we resisted the temptation to find out the gender. This will likely be our last ultrasound until a few weeks weeks before the due date.
- 10.10.09 - Matthew relocates to Washington D.C. for his new job with NASA; this is a true testament to God's perfect plan! Although we will spend the next two and half months apart while I finish up my job in Birmingham, AL, this opportunity was too good to miss.
- 10.31.09 - Matthew moves into our new apartment in Alexandria, VA. The suburb we moved to has everything we need within 2 miles of where we live, including access to the Metro into the city!!!! Lots of trees, familes, parks, houses and MORE!!
- 11.09.09 - Our home in Alabama goes under contract!!!!!! YAY!!!!
- 11.11.09 - (21 weeks) Blessing is really starting to move a lot now! Its a strange, wonderful and reassuring feeling!! I think we have a future soccer player in there!!
- 11.14.09 - My wonderful father and uncle load up a trailer full of things for temporary storage while Matthew and I look for a home in VA for the next year or two.
Filled with a mixture of emotions as I prepare to close on our home in Alabama, I look forward to 14 days from now when Matthew and I will be in the same city again. It is bittersweet to begin packing up the first home not only I bought, but the first home Matthew and I shared.
Tomorrow is a big day---last week of work begins, phone interview for a part time job in D.C. (for me, Kelly) AND a doctors appointment!
Please pray for a good doctors visit and phone interview. This part time job would be perfect! Also, please pray that everything continues to come together smoothly for the home closing.
Although it is hard for me to even keep up with the Grant Gang right now, I hope this blog will help our family and friends as they are ----Keeping Up With The Grant Gang :)
I love your blog!
ReplyDeleteMia
I didn't know the contract was accepted on the house! Yey! :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for March 22nd ;) It's a big day!!!