Tuesday, January 12, 2010

30 Weeks and Counting

We are in the home stretch, we are now 30 weeks and excited to meet our head of cabbage (sized) "Blessing".

"SAY 30 Weeks"

Since we are in the third trimester, we go to the doctor every two weeks now--WOW, that's a lot of going to the doctor for two people (Matthew and I) that may go once a year otherwise!! So, last week I went to the Doctor for my Glucose Tolerance/Screening Test (click if you do not know what that is) and you have to drink 50 grams of glucose. People told me it is horrible, but it was a BREEZE. So all of my friends and family out there who do not have kids yet---trust me, its not bad. Just ask for ORANGE flavor and CHUG IT without taking a breath. It's easy, I borderline enjoyed it. Nothing showed up in the test and the the doctor said everything is "perfect" and "right on schedule and target"--measurements, weight, heartbeat....everything was good. I go again on Wednesday, January 20.

The only pregnancy symptoms (other than the growing tummy) at this point are:
  • Tiredness: I am back to the first trimester tiredness. However, this might be because I do not sleep through the night and because I am not good at relaxing :)
  • Kicks and Movement: Every now and then the baby will be moving around or kicking so hard it is painful. Now, when I say painful I mean it lasts like a second, so its nothing really. BUT, for all my wonderful friends and family who do not have kids yet---I just like to shoot you straight. I am incapable of not being honest. I don't really mind this because it reminds me that "Blessing" is doing well.
  • Emotions: I will be first to admit, this one surprised me!! For those of you planning to have kids one day, just be prepared to be sensitive---and prepare your husbands too. I am lucky though because Matthew is wonderful--supportive, loving, patient, kind...I could go on, but some of you might vomit if I continue.
It's fun being pregnant, but I am still ready to meet "Blessing"!!!

Just a glimpse of what our lives will look like between baby feeding/wake time and nap time! Cute huh?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, I don't know if you remember me, but we met at Henry and Krista's wedding. I've been reading your blog since I found it off of Krista's blog. I'm 27 1/2 weeks pregnant and I go in for my glucose test next week. I've heard bad things about it too, so I'm glad that you said it wasn't that bad. I already have the orange drink so I should be good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a great job!!!!!! I can't wait to meeting blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very belated Congratulations!!! Happy to see things are going so well for y'all!!! Can't wait to see the pictures of the little one when he/she arrives! I'm thinking it's a boy :)I enjoy being able to keep with everything via the blog--it's nice to know what's going on with everyone!

    ReplyDelete