Wednesday, July 21, 2010

First Family Vacation, Destination: Mississippi

Over the fourth of July holidays, we took our first family vacation to Mississippi. Addison met many of her extended family members as well as friends!

Our New Favorite Picture showing how much fun she was having on vacation!

The vacation started off with a 2 hour flight. Addison was up way past her bedtime by the time the plane was taxiing, so when the engines started to fire up it startled her and she started to cry. I began to feed her and she fell asleep eating (I only let her do this so she would sleep on the flight!!) and was OUT the entire flight. She only cried about 2 minutes total! Matthew held her the entire flight and we could hardly get her to wake up when we arrived. I was so proud.

We spent fourth of July weekend with Matthew's family. Mrs. Grant had a family picnic and Addison met nearly all her extended family on Mrs. Grant's side. She was a PERFECT little lady letting people hold her, cuddle with her and pass her around--I was so surprised since she generally does not take to cuddling much :)


Cousin Lyla with Addison at picnic; they both look just like their Daddy's

Miss Libba with all her GREAT grandchildren. We need a few more boys in there!
Miss Libba with Addison, they share the same birthday!Second cousin Julia and great Aunt Becky.

All tuckered out from all the attention!Second cousin Noah, cousin Lyla and Addison all play together!

Her Great Grannie Libba sure knew how to make her laugh! Every time she heard Libba's voice, she giggled and smiled!!! During our stay Matthew and I even had an evening out while Mrs. Grant babysat---wow was that weird for Matthew and I! We played miniature golf with his sister, Kimberly, and her husband, Tim. Kimberly won and I came shamefully in last (surprise, surprise--I always lose).
The Grant Gang, YAY!

The Grant Gang and the Burley Bunch!

Cousins playing sweetly....they are only about 9 months apart in age---fun times ahead!

Grandpa with his girls

The Grant's granddadughters...like I said...we need a boy in there!

So Sweet!
Cousin Lyla LOVED the pool!
They are sharing already!

Next we went to Gambrell Manor to enjoy the slower pace of life! Here Addison met her Great Grannie Gambrell, Aunt Amy and some of my cousins. Again, Addison surprised me with how she gracefully took to all the attention. Not to mention we were testing out a new schedule with her while we were on vacation---so you would think she would be extra fussy! Everyone was amazed at how she smiled and cooed as she fell asleep at night and for naps. Matthew and I enjoyed a date night while at my parents house too thanks to babysitting by my Aunt, cousin and mom! Since we don't live near family in D.C. , this was a big treat for us!

Becca and Addison

Sally and Kelly
Mia and Addison...can you tell I like this bow??

Addison admires her Great Grannie Gambrell

We even got a little fishing in :)

While at Gambrell Manor my mom (aka Mia) and dear friends Krista and Sally threw Addison a Sip and See. Many of our friends and family gathered to eat/drink coffee (SIP) and meet our Addison Joy (SEE). The party was wonderful and Addison had so much fun!

Mia, Krista and Sally: Thank you so much for all you did, it was perfect in every way!


The besties (Matthew, Matt and Jason) with their little girls. They all look just like their daddy's :)

I just loved this picture :) Miss Olivia was TIRED of my photo shoot!

Matthew with his daughter (I sometimes refer to her as Mini Matthew because they look so much alike)

BESTIES!! Addison Grant (3 mo), Elle Townsend (9 mo), Oliva Wilikins (3 mo).
The shirts all say "Besties! Addison - Elle - Olivia"
Eight days apart in age!! I love it!
When Addison met Olivia I said "this is what a 3 month old is SUPPOSED to look like Addison!!"

Matthew came back to D.C. earlier than me, so the flight home was just Addison and I!! We did not have a direct flight home, but yet again my precious little girl was PERFECT. As a bonus, we were very blessed when someone flying standby got the last seat on the plane--FIRST CLASS---switched seats with us. Flying first class with Addison made it so much more pleasurable.

We had a lot of fun on our vacation, but it was good to be back home in D.C. and be our family of four again (Daddy, Mommy, Addison and Puppy Piper). Thank you to everyone for your love and hospitality!

7 comments:

  1. I love the main picture of Addison at the top :) I also LOVE her bow!! You are so brave to fly with her....I don't think Reese would behave one bit :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that we got to see you and Matthew and meet Addison. I can't till October!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!! She's so lucky to have FOUR (did I count that right?) little girl cousins so close to her age. They surely will be besties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stori: She only has one cousin her age...those other two (oliva and Elle) are the daughters of Matthew's best friends growing up/in college. She does have a few second cousins close to her age :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok. I forgot to mention that I LOVE her 4th of July outfit and the big bow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Sally are just trying to show me up. Now I'm the last to post about the Sip N' See. ;) Haha! J/K.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, u wanna talk about upsetness for not posting? Pictorally, it's like I didn't exist here ;)

    ReplyDelete