Happy 7 months old to our "blessing", Addison Joy!
Many of you may not have even noticed I am a bit late on this post, however the first few days of month 7 has proved a little challenging. We suspect teething or more elimination issues (yet again). Addison is still the sweetest baby even when something is wrong, so we count ourselves blessed and we are incredibly grateful. Her worst days are probably some babies best days!
Here are some highlights:
Weight: I have no idea, but based on her weight at the 6 month check up I guess she is rapidly approaching 20 pounds if she is not already there.
Height: No clue!
Clothing Size: Some 6-9 months but mostly 12 months, WHAT!?!? Although she has a big baby belly, she is still has a very narrow build overall yet long so that makes finding clothes that fit interesting. Luckily, I have a good friend that let me borrow ALL her 6-12 month clothes so we are set with clothes for a while---I love me some hand me downs!!!!
Talking: She is developing so much in this area everyday. She can say "dada", "mahmah" "ba" "boo" "ga" "goo" "spppp" "ah-goo" "ah" "wah"...and maybe a few others I just don't remember. She talks CONSTANTLY!
Breastfeeding: We are still breast feeding 4-5 times daily. Everyday I have to recommit myself to it, but I know it is worth it.
Food (finger foods): She can pick up banana and Gerber Puffs (see video) and put them in her mouth. I was totally not expecting her to catch on that quickly!
Crawling: She can scoot around a bit and crawl backwards, but prefers to roll or spin to her destination vs. crawling. I still maintain she will never truly crawl. I read that larger babies have trouble crawling and walking because there is so much weight to pull around vs a smaller baby of the same age.
Foods: Addison has enjoyed the following foods so far---peas, carrots, oatmeal, rice (rarely give that to her since it ALWAYS stops her up), green beans, butternut quash, pumpkin, acorn squash, apples, pears, bananas, Gerber puffs, prunes--and I think that is it. She likes peas and pears the best!
Independent Play: On most days Addison has blanket time or play pen time for at least 15 minutes a day. This is a time when she plays completely on her own and Mommy is not within site. Some days she does better than others, but most of the time she plays quietly with her 2-3 toys. When she hears the timer go off, she grins and looks around the room just waiting for me to come get her. The timer is her indication that independent play is over. On days that she doesnt feel well, we usually do not even try independent play, I feel like it is an important element, but not crucial enough to let her cry through it when she is feeling down.
Random: She got a flu shot this month---and did not even FLINCH when they gave it to her; she can pull her bib and socks off without a thought; she likes to peek around corners for people; she enjoys looking at people out of the corner of her eye; she chews on EVERTHING still; she can pull to stand when it is only a short distance.
That is all I can think of for now because I am so tired today!
Coming up next...
Thanksgiving: We are headed to Mississippi for Thanksgiving and I cant wait!! I am hoping Addison will be able to meet most of my extended family! Every Thanksgiving the Gambrell family gathers together and I look forward to it EVERY year, I have the best aunts, uncles and cousins imaginable and I love them all so much! We get to experience flying again, so say some prayers!!!! I will be there for 3 weeks while Matthew will spend the first week in MS and the other two at training for work. I am so grateful my parents are kind enough to let me stay with them while Matthew is in training. ALSO, Addison and I are planning a trip to Louisiana while we are in MS so we can meet up with my pen pal and her PRECIOUS daughter!! I could not be more excited!
Car seat: Since our big girl is very close to outgrowing her infant car seat, we are on the hunt for her next car seat. I would like one that will work for her until she is out of car seats but is still affordable; all recommendations welcome!
Video and a few pictures....
So sweet! She is just precious, Kelly! :)
ReplyDeleteI love the pics of her standing up. I can't wait to see yall in a few weeks!!
ReplyDeleteDitto the pics of her stnading up! Henry says, "Whoa, she's a giant!" Haha! CANNOT believe she's talking :) Yeeeey!
ReplyDeleteShe stands sooo good! I can't believe how she has grown compared to the bear. Big, healthy, beautiful little princess!!!
ReplyDelete