The Stats:
- Weight: 10 lbs 5 oz (91%); I guess I can stop worrying about how FAST he eats now because clearly he is getting enough
- Height: 22 inches (91%)
- Head: 14.5 cm??? (46%); this is the biggest difference between Addison and Caleb. Addison has always been in the 90's percentiles with her head---maybe we wont have trouble fitting things over Caleb's head like we do hers!!
Other Fun Facts:
- Routine: He is on a 7:30 am to 7:30 pm schedule right now where he cycles through EAT/PLAY/SLEEP every three hours until the 7:30 pm feeding when he goes down for the night. We wake him at 11 PM and then allow him to on demand feed throughout the night. He usually only wakes up one time between the 11 PM feeding and the 7:30 am feeding.
- General Personality: I would liken him to his big sister; pretty laid back so far. I know this is subject to change.
- Eating: He is a MUCH faster eater than Addison---I hope this doesn't mean he will take a long time to sleep through the night :) He never seems hungry when its time to feed him, but we do it anyways. Once he sleeps through the night consistently THEN we can think about stretching the time between day time feedings.
- Developments: He tries so hard to lift his head and does really well already!!! He has rolled to his side a few times too. He's still not awake very long yet, so there is not too much to report on the development front yet.
- Congestion: Caleb has been congested since he was born. Today the doctor said babies born in this area at this time of year tend to have congestion issues right off the bat. Its scary sometimes when he gets all choked up from the drainage, it is so sad. As a side note, Addison has had a stuffy nose since we brought Caleb home from the hospital---it snowed that day. So I attribute it to the weather change; the doctor agreed. Addison's seems to be getting worse so we may end up at the doctor soon. LOTS of saline nasal drops are going on around this house!
We love Caleb so much already, he is such a sweet little boy. Big sister sure loves him too, but is having some difficulties adjusting. I know this is temporary but when you are living it, it sure seems permanent. I will do a post on Addison soon----hopefully :) Ya know, in all my spare time
Never doubt your mothering skills! You are doing great!
ReplyDelete