Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Confession of a stay at home mom: frozen

When one of my babies is crying and I know there is nothing wrong other than they are overtired or blowing off steam, I am frozen. After troubleshooting for problems, all that I can do is let them cry it out for a bit. [I know a lot of my friends are not advocates of cry it out and that's fine, we are all different. But you still know what I am talking about---those moments when they cry and there is nothing more you can do but, hold them/let them cry it out]
During these unpleasant moments, I am mentally frozen. I cannot complete a thought. I cannot read and I can hardly carry on a conversation. I am not even sure what I am thinking-it's like I am blank.
In fact, my diminished mental status causes me to be physically frozen too. I can physically do very little when they are crying, especially when they both are!
Anyone else feel frozen sometimes? :)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I get frozen that way when I'm supposed to write an essay. In fact it took me an hour to write this.

    ReplyDelete