Monday, April 8, 2013

Happy 3rd Birthday, Addison Joy!

Happy Third Birthday to my precious little girl!



Stats:  I will post those after she and Caleb have their joint well checks in a few weeks.

Words to Describe Addison Lately:
  • Caring
  • Sassy
  • Talkative
  • Thoughtful
  • Funny
  • Rule Following
  • Tender Hearted
  • Perfectionist 
  • Intelligent
  • Giving

Pictures are below from throughout the year--I will do a separate post for videos I hope later.

Humor:  Addison has quite the adept sense of humor.  She cracks jokes that I have no idea how she knew they would be funny.  She loves to make me laugh; when she thinks I am down she knows exactly what to say to make me smile.

Learning:  Addison is anxious to read; I often hear "Mommy when can I know how to read".  I am trying to teach her as often as I can but the reality of mothering two this close together and yet very different personalities is quite challenging.  I need to clean less and teach more.  I have little patience so teaching a toddler (well two) is hard for me...especially when I am also disciplining and running the household too.  I know my weaknesses!

Potty:  She has been potty trained since September with few issues since the three day potty training weekend.  We have not even thought about night time training; we are not ready for her to be up at night/early morning needing to go potty....yet.

School:  She still attends Mother's Day Out two days a week and loves it.  Next year she has to change schools so she can be in a preschool setting--just a little more focused on school readiness and to hopefully challenge her.  

Bed:  She has been in her toddler bed for about a month now.  I am glad we waited so long.  It was the right choice.  She only got out once and all she did was stand by the bed and jump back in.  I caught her and she was devastated she disobeyed.

Eating:  Addison is a generally good eater.  She does not like monotony though, which is hard because I love leftover night!  She is always a good sport about trying new things and eating things even when it is no her favorite.  She often talks to much and we have to remind her it is time to eat...not talk.  I admit that a lot of the success here is personality; her younger brother is quite different.

Sibling Time:  Caleb and Addison play pretty well together and she wants Caleb to go everywhere with her. She loves Caleb but that means she loves to aggravate him too.  I find that they play best together when I am not actively playing with them or watching over them.  So far, they are very close.  yay!

Separation Anxiety:  Addison has made great strides in this area over the last year, specifically the last six months.  I have a little part time job to get me out of the house and this has "forced" her to rely on someone else on a CONSISTENT basis.  I think this has made the biggest difference.  She does not cry and have a melt down when i drop her off in childcare settings MOST of the time now.  I am so thankful because Caleb cries every time almost the whole time.  It does not matter how many child care settings they are exposed to and how early I think my kids will just always be a lil clingy and stranger anxiety ridden.  Maybe it is because I stay at home?

My Little Love:  I wish you knew the depth of my love for you.  I wish you knew how hard it is to discipline you because all I want is to see you smile.  However, I have to discipline you.  I am your mommy not your friend.  I admire your resiliency; you bounce back from disappointment quickly.  I love your determination to read.  Your tender heart makes me strive to be more patience and tender myself. I hope that you can extend me grace when I am not the best mother; I fail too my love.

I will never forget hearing your Daddy proclaim that you were a girl on April 1, 2010 at 9:16 pm.  I was in love with you from that moment and I will always love you.  Always.  Never doubt that.  Never.  I am so thankful you are my first born--you are, and always have been, so patience and forgiving with me.  You are my little guinea pig.  Your Daddy and I are so proud of you; you are so smart and such a loving big sister.  Today I was vacuuming and Caleb fell into the wall for no reason and you ran over to him, helped him up and comforted him.  He stopped crying because you took care of him; "that's goodness.  The fruit of the spirit is goodness".  I thank God for the sweet and wonderful little girl you have become.  You are truly our BLESSING, you always have been and always will be.  My dearest, please hear me when I tell you that you are a JOY, a BLESSING and we love you more everyday.  Nothing will ever change how we feel.  Nothing.

 April 2012

  April 2012

May 2012

 June 2012

August 2012

September 2012

October 2012

November 2012

December 2012

January 2013

February 2013

March 2013



April 2013




No comments:

Post a Comment