Friday, July 26, 2013

Addison Asks About JESUS!

This single conversation makes sacrificing staying at home with our kids worth it; all the extra money from two incomes, all the disciplining and tears I deal with all day, all the separation anxiety, all the challenges...it is ALL worth it.  Not that I ever wondered, but I was EXTRA thankful today that I stay at home.  I cannot imagine missing this moment with Addison.  I cannot imagine someone else being asked these questions.  What a precious moment that God gave me!  Here is how it went....

I went in Addison's room at 8 am to find her still asleep.  I left the door cracked and planned to check on her again in a few minutes.  Around 8:30 I hear her singing so I go in.  Here is how the conversation went:

A: Hi mommy!
K:  Hi sweetheart, did you sleep good?
A:  Yes

(She did not say anything for several moments after this, which is unusual for her.  She is usually jabbering every moment her eyes are open.  I go to her closet and grab some clothes.  She gets out of bed and walks over to me to start getting dressed.)

A:  Mommy, did Daddy die on the cross?
K:  No, but who DID die on the cross?
A:  JESUS of course Mommy.
K:  That's right.  Good!
A: But WHY did he die on the cross?

(Butterflies in my stomach)

K:  Well he died on the cross so that everyone who believes in him can go to Heaven.
A:  Hmm...well how do you do that?
K:  Jesus died on the cross because of all the not nice things we do...disobeying, being unkind.  He did on the cross FOR those not nice things we do.  He died so that if we ask him to forgive us and come live in our heart forever that we can go to Heaven.
A:  I do not nice things Mommy.
K:  I do too sweetie, but we can ask him to forgive us and to come into our heart and then because we believe those things we can go to Heaven.

(She is processing)

A:  So Jesus is in Heaven?
K:  Yes!
A:  Then God is in Heaven?
K: YES!  And you know Papa's daddy?
A:  Yes, is he in Heaven too?
K:  Yes baby!  He believed that Jesus died for him too and he asked him into his heart.  Everyone who asks Jesus in their heart is in Heaven.
A: MOMMY.  MOMMY!  I want to be in Heaven with Jesus TOO!
K:  You will if you ask Jesus in your heart and ask him to forgive you for all the not nice things you do.
A:  Jesus, will you come into my heart FOREVER?  YAY Mommy!!  He is in my heart everywhere now right?
K: Yes Addison, this is so wonderful!  He is in your heart in bed, at school, when you are asleep, when you are awake--EVERYWHERE!
A:  Jesus is in my heart.  Jesus is in my heart!

The rest of the morning she told everything she saw Jesus was in her heart.  She was so excited.  She also kept naming off people and asking if they were in Heaven or would be in Heaven, which of course I do not know.

I realize she is three.  But as much as MY three year old can understand things....she has got this.  I am still on an amazing high that God gave me THIS honor to be there to have this conversation with her!  I am so thankful.  So thankful.  I am also thankful for all the countless family members, friends, church care takers and school teachers that have already loved on her and lived out Jesus for her---especially recently!
God is Good!!!!  This is a day to celebrate and remember!





2 comments: