Wednesday, November 20, 2013

18 Weeks with Rhema

We rang in 18 weeks yesterday and it felt good!!!!
This is the official shirt for the pregnancy, so get ready to watch it grow!

Rhema:  Rhema is about the size of a sweet potato or bell pepper right now; 5.5 inches long and 7 oz.  This week, as I told Addison, Rhema really starts developing the sense of hearing.  This means Addison is constantly talking to Rhema now, ha!

Mommy:  I feel great.  I have occasional back pain that makes me think we will have a sciatica flare up but---nothing I can do to stop it so I am enjoying the ease while I can.  I have been feeling Rhema move daily now, WHEW!!  Every kick is a sweet reassurance that I very much need after losing Rhema's twin.  In fact last night I think I could see the kick from the outside, hooray!

Midwife:  We had an appointment late last week and I actually measured on track---I usually measure small due to my long torso.  Heart rate was in the 150's too!

Next up:  On Monday December 2 we have an ultrasound with our MFM.  Addison will be joining us even though it is smack in the middle of her nap.  This is likely to be one of the last ultrasounds barring no complications.  I am filled with nervousness and excitement to return for an ultrasound after the heartbreak news we received at the last one.  Matthew will be by my side this time though!!!!!  But, sorry guys the plan is gender surprise again so save your votes for March!

Keep praying for Rhema's safe and healthy arrival.  We have never been more excited to meet a baby then we are Rhema!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment