Monday, December 2, 2013

Heavenly discussions

As soon as we found out we were expecting twins (we aren't now read post: 39% Downloading
http://keepingupwiththegrantgang.blogspot.com/2013/11/39-downloading.html) and nick named them we started praying for them in family prayer time. We decided very early in our pregnancy we would not share the news with Addison until we were out of the first trimester. We want to protect her heart as much as we can until her heart is more mature. Sure, we can't protect her from everything but something's we can and something's we should (this is a whole soap box I won't dive into here).


So rather tell her more than she needed to know we simply prayed "please protect Rhema and olive" every night. We pray for many people by name each evening. Some are consistent and some change. Addison didn't ask any questions about who they were, just simply added them to her list.


Many weeks later and two days after we lost olive, I was praying with the Addison before bedtime (Matthew was gone for the evening) and here is how the conversation went (note Addison DOES know we are having a baby now):


Me: .....and please protect Rhema. Amen.

Aj: mommy. You forgot olive. Protect olive AND Rhema.

[I was shocked. I had no idea she would notice and had not prepared myself for this conversation at all.]

Me: well olive is in heaven now so we know he is safe.

Aj: why is olive in heaven now?
Me: because Olive died sweetheart. People who ask Jesus in their heart go to heaven to live with god forever.[i take every opportunity to drive home the Jesus is the way to salvation message] God had a very important job for Olive in Heaven, that's why Olive went to heaven so soon.

Aj: oh. Ok. Olive is in heaven. So it's just Rhema. Mommy. I REALLY don't want you to die

Me: you don't need to worry about that because when I do I will go to heaven and one day we will be there together. Forever.

Aj: You will be in heaven because you asked Jesus in your heart!

Me: Yes.

Aj: I asked Jesus in my heart but I still don't want you to die.

Me: I know :)

It broke my heart to hear such sweetness. She is so smart and really pays attention. She had no idea who Rhema and olive were and no idea they were/are in our family but yet she cared enough to remember to pray for olive. And cared enough to ask where Olive is. I am even more glad now we followed gods guidance and protected that sweet precious heart.

So there is a piece of my daughters heart. One piece I admire tremendously.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Test

1 comment: