Friday, June 17, 2016

Lincoln Matthew: 2 Months

WOW.....two months already?!  How can this caboose baby be TWO months already?!? You know, it's funny....when I am living some of these days they feel so long.  Then, I look back, blink, and it was gone!

The Stats
Weight:14 lbs, 4.6 oz (88%)
Blythe was 14 lbs 6 oz, Caleb was 14 lbs 4.4 oz, Addison was 13 lbs 1.2 oz
Height: 24 inches (88%)
Blythe, 24.5 Caleb 24.5, Addison 24
Head: 40.7 cm (90%)
Diaper Size: 2
Clothing: 6 months, 3-6 months

Likes
Noise of the other kids, looking at people up close, baths, bouncey seat, his paci (when he is allowed to have it--which isnt much yet)

Dislikes
putting his arms through a shirt, being kept awake when he wants to sleep, eating at the dreamfeed

Developments
Almost ready for bumbo, rolling tummy to back consistently, cooing, socially smiling, saying "ah-goo", "goo", "ooo", intentionally reaching toward objects but not really hitting or grabbing them yet, makes eye contact
Overall:  First of all---Our pediatrician is amazing, we love her.  She said he growing well and developing normally.  The only concern was the flat spot on his head.  I knew it was pretty bad long before the visit.  He sleeps very soundly and despite all my tummy time and turning his head when he sleeps, he still developed a pretty bad flat spot.  She stated that some babies just get lazy and do not want to even try turning their head the other way.  I think Lincoln might be this way.  He is fairly easily contented so he does not NEED to be spinning his head all around, especially when it requires effort to overcome the flat spot.  There is not much more we can do than what we are already doing until he can "full time" sit in the bumbo.  If it does not improve in the next 1-2 months we will be referred to the helmet clinic.  Other than that (which is honestly pretty minor) he is doing great.

Sleep
Lincoln is sleeping pretty well overall.  Aside from the witching hour nap he generally sleeps for the appropriate length nap.  Every three hours he naps for about 1 hr 50 minutes to 2 hours.  The rest of that cycle he is eating or having wake time.  Occasionally he will cry off and on for about 10-15 minutes at his sleep cycle change, more off than on, but generally resettles himself.  I hate to jinx it but he has been sleeping through the night with a dreamfeed for about a week straight (prior to this it was off and on for two weeks).

Wake Times
He has been at about a 60 minute wake time for a while now.  Just today I was noticing I may need to increase this to 65-70 minutes every cycle with the witching hour as the exception.

Personality
He is just the sweetest thing through and through.  He is easily calmed when he does get upset, except at this bedtime feeding when he just wants me to put him to bed instead of eat.  Of course he NEEDS to eat.  Lincoln reminds me of Addison as a baby in many ways.  He really does complete this family; I do not know how to describe it  exactly.  I did not know someone missing from this family until he settled into the family, and I am so glad he is here!!









No comments:

Post a Comment