- Offered up to 4 tablespoons of oatmeal cereal
- Offered it twice a day AFTER a full nursing period.
- Addison ate anywhere from 2-4 tablespoons each time it was offered
- She has started to grab for the spoon and put her hands in her mouth during mealtime, but when she does I pull the spoon away and say "no, where do your hands go?" and either I place her hands in front of her on the tray OR (get this) she places them in the appropriate spot.
- I believe the oatmeal is giving her gas, I expected this. The gas doesn't seem to bother her but it is an observation worth noting.
- Sometimes she loses interest in eating and starts jabbering. She is very easily distracted.
8:00 AM: Wake to Nurse, offer up to 4 tablespoons cereal
8:45 AM: Play time
10:00AM: Nap
12:00 PM: Wake to Nurse
12:15 PM: Play time
2:15 PM: Nap
4:00 PM: Wake to Nurse, offer up to 4 tablespoons cereal
6:15 PM: Cat nap (anywhere from 45 min to 1.25 hours)
8:00 PM: Nurse and BEDTIME
10:00 PM: 7 oz dreamfeed bottle (she does not wake herself up for this but is still mostly asleep for this feeding)
Next Steps over the next two-three weeks:
- Introduce cereal at all three meals (starting tomorrow).
- Introduce rice cereal.
- Introduce a yellow veggie at the end of the 2-3 weeks (probably carrots, again homemade--YAY!)
Oh my gosh she is so smart!!! She knows where to put her little sweet hands. I wish that I could just cover them with kisses!!! She's easily distracted AND so cute!
ReplyDelete