The first weekend in October we had the joy of a visit from our dear friends Justin and Sally Garcia! We love, love, love the Garcia's and have missed them terribly since we have been in the D.C. area. I met Sally and Justin while I was in college and as soon as Matthew and I started dating, I introduced him to the fun couple. Matthew hit it off with them immediately and the rest is history!
Their visit also reminded me of how blessed we are to have such wonderful Godly friends in our lives!!!
FRIDAY: The Garcia's arrived on a Friday morning and after their much delayed arrival, we hung out at the apartment until Addison had her dinner, then we made a trip into D.C. to see where Matthew worked. Justin loves computers too so the two of them were off having fun while Sally and I made goofy faces at Addison. We enjoyed dinner at Union Station and then took a long metro ride home. Addison has never stayed up that late (11 pm) but was such a SWEETIE. She was giggling the entire ride home.
SATURDAY: the Garcia's enjoyed some of the D.C. sites while Matthew and I prepared for church that evening. After site seeing, church and a pot of White Chicken Chipolte Chili---it was GAME ON for WII Sports resort. And when I say we played Wii sports resort, I mean we created truly ugly Mii's. Justin won the award for ugliest Mii!!
SUNDAY: On Sunday we all went to the International Spy Museum and Addison fell asleep while Sally was holding her. Since strollers were not allowed in the museum, Sally carried her! 18.5 pounds of sleeping baby gets heavy, but Sally is a trooper!!! I loved, loved, loved watching her with Addison. Melted my heart!!!
MONDAY: We stayed close by our house and hung out. We did make a trip to the mall so that Sally (who doubles as my fashion consultant) could pick out some items for Addison's FIRST professional photo shoot coming up in a few days. While at the mall, we had a short game of hide and seek :)
We were so sad to see our friends go, but we so enjoyed our time together. Laughs are always abundant when we are all together---which is my favorite part. Addison loved Sally and Justin and you could tell she missed them when they left. I felt encouraged and energized when they left--there is nothing like a little dose of Garcia Family fun :) I love you guys and cannot wait to see you again next month!
No comments:
Post a Comment