Monday, January 10, 2011

Merry Christmas

Addison's big girl chair from Mia and Papa!

Yet again, SO overdue on this blog!

Our first Christmas was about a week and a half long; doesn't bother because I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas!! We did our Christmas in DC then some in TN then more in DC.

Christmas in D.C.
We started our Christmas off by selecting a REAL Christmas tree from a local nursery. Addison seemed to enjoy walking around looking at the trees. We did not waste anytime decorating the Grant Gang Christmas tree with hand me down and hand made ornaments! This is only the second Christmas Matthew and I have even spent together so we did not have tons of ornaments; we will try to get a few new ones each year to build up our eclectically decorated tree!


Picking out the perfect tree.


Da Tree!
Family pic in front of the tree


During my brother's visit we made a trip into downtown to see the National Christmas tree. It was FREEZING; it took Addison about 20 minutes to realize that she has to lay back in her stroller to stay warm! We were not able to get up close to the tree because the President was due to fly in on the helicopter so much of the area near the White House was closed, but that's ok---we got close enough!

The Capitol.

Addison, my brother and I at the National Christmas Tree.

BURRR...it was COLD!!!

Santa visited Addison early since this was her very first Christmas; he stopped by our house on December 18!!! Addison got very good at opening presents; however this first video below was too funny not to share!

Head banging gift

Piano present from Santa

Christmas in Gatlinburg, TN
Since Addison did not reeeally understand what was going on for Christmas THIS year, we decided we would take a road trip!!! Matthew, Addison and my brother (aka Mateo by Addison) drove from D.C. to Gatlinburg (about 8 hours) to meet up with my parents. All things considered....Addison was a trooper. We enjoyed several days of jamming to Rock Band, lots of good food, family time, 60 hours of snowing...and much more! We got so much snow that we got snowed in and stayed for an extra day and half! I am SO glad that we decided to make the drive and I am so glad that the Matt's didn't murder me for stressing out in the care when Addison was fussy----they love me :)

It was a big time in Gatlinburg for Miss Addison!!! She said her first word: OUT, she got a big girl chair and she became quite attached to her Mia. When Mia was within reach she wanted to be touching her; she didn't want to be held...just a simple hand on her. So Sweet.

I cannot wait until Christmas 2011!!!!!!!!!!

Pro at present opening now.

Playing in the snow.
Trying to make a snow angel

The snow angel...errrr blob



Her new travel high chair

Shopping

Oh how she loves that bear

PROOF that I can survive on EXPERT...yeah...thats me with 83% on expert guitar, whats up???

What a GREAT Christmas...I say this a lot but...we are blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures and video. Thanks for posting. I miss everyone so much!

    ReplyDelete