
Wow, I am so behind on blogging that I am even doing it out of order. At any rate, here we go on the cliff notes version of our first Thanksgiving as a family of three (er, well...maybe not so cliff notes).
Orginally, I had planned on staying Mississippi two weeks after Thanksgiving since Matthew would have two weeks of training, but at the last minute his training was canceled. So, we changed our flights so that we did not have to be separated unnecessarily!
The flight to MS was a little more difficult than our last flying experience with Addison. BUT she really never cried; she just got antsy! I must remind myself that Addison's worst moment is probably some babies best moments; we are blessed.
We spend the first part of our week and half in Mississippi with Matthew's family. His sister's family, grandmother, aunt and uncle all came over for an early Thanksgiving meal with us. Addison and her cousin played SO well together (they are almost 10 months apart in age). Addison tends to take a backseat and be submissive when there is another child around, she just watches them closely. Analyzes. Allows them to lead.
We enjoyed a Mannheim Steamroller concert with my parents and brother while Grandma Grant babysat Addison. Babysitters is a rare treat for us, so it was almost odd not to have A.J. with us. Grandma Grant also watched A.J. while Matthew and I had breakfast together one morning; we cherish and are thankful for our alone time!! While with his family we had a chance to see some of our friends too.
After several days with the Grants, we packed up and headed to the traditional Gambrell Thanksgiving. My entire Gambrell extended family meets at my grandmothers house.my parents house for Thanksgiving every year. I look forward to this time every year; especially this year! I was thrilled for Addison to meet all her second cousins and great aunts and uncles; it was such a special time. Selfishly, I wish I had been able to spend more time with my cousins but my motherly duties kept me busy so the time I had with them was short, but LOVELY!!!
We ended our trip by having a "Friends" thanksgiving with Matthew's friends from High School and College (well, they are all my friends now too!). I LOVE that he is still so close to many friends from high school!
The trip home to D.C. was QUITE an experience. After delays.....we finally got home about 2:30 am, we had one tired baby!!!!!! Thanksgiving was wonderful!
Grandma and Grandpa Grant with Addison. I love how every picture with the three of them is everyone laughing and smiling so big!!
Grandma Grant with Addison; we think she gets her smile from her :)
This is Addison's Gigi (Matthew's grandmother). I LOVE this picture, because they have the same look on their face. They are kindred spirits or something; since the first time Addison met her she has always smiled the MOST for her. ALSO, they share the same birthday AND the name we had chosen if Addison was a boy, was after her. SO SWEET!!
RE-introducing the cousins. Addison was SO excited when she saw Lyla; all she wanted to do was touch her.
Fun in a wagon!
Uncle Tim with Addison.
Swinging with Daddy; she is always lounging!
Second cousin Brittany took time away to spend with just Addison and we had so much fun!
Eating at "Gambrell Manor" she is the third generation in the Gambrell family to eat in this high chair!
Oh my goodness!! I LOVE the tea party photos!!!!!
ReplyDelete