Friday, January 28, 2011

The New Place---FINALLY

I received an anonymous request that my blog was in need of an update, so here we go and I hope this will do. However I think they meant one of Little Joy :)...soon soon soon!

We moved from our apartment to our new place in October but between the holidays and everything else I have not had time to take pictures without Christmas decorations up. We absolutely love the new place. It is the perfect size for us, not too big and not too small. We are in a fabulous area: walking distance to pool, play grounds and elementary school (should we stay here that long), close to our church, lots of places to go walking and close to our favorite suburb in D.C. The best part (to us) is we are still renting, I still cannot describe how it feels to still be 100% debt free. Perhaps one day the Lord will lead us to buy a home again but for now we rest in his current glorious plan!

Below is a "tour" of the new place...enjoy and by all means, COME VISIT and see our nation's capital!


End unit. Only bad thing about this is, we have much more snow to shovel than non-end units :)

MAIN LEVEL

Living room to right as you enter and stairs up to your left.

Living room facing front of house and back to kitchen entry

Eat-in dining area

Kitchen with dining behind you. Complete with half bath in a totally awkward area (but we are thankful to have a half bath on the main level) and a huge pantry!!

Off the kitchen/dining area. This is our favorite part...we used it tons in the fall!

Stairs down to the grass for Piper. No more leash to let her out AND we do not have to climb to the basement level to let her out like in most places we saw. YAY!

BASEMENT LEVEL
Large recreational room, TONS of storage, laundry room, full bath

Basement level full bath. The laundry room is in a separate room down the hall and although I do not like having to climb so many stairs to do laundry I am SO INCREDIBLY THANKFUL for a full sized washer and dryer again. In the apartment I had to do laundry every other day just to keep up, no I only do it once a week.

Recreation room/guest quarters side

Recreation room/office side of the room. Its a great place to work out too because its so big.

SECOND FLOOR
2 "Master Bedrooms" joined by a jack and jill styled full bath with tub and double sinks.

Our room.

Our room. That door leads to the jack and jill bath which joins our room with Addison's.


Addison's very own room!!!!! No sharing right now!!! YAY!!! Have I mentioned how much I LOVE that glider?!?!!? Oh man, it changed my life when we bought it upon our move in.

Addison's room and her lounging in it. She gets this pose from her Daddy.
She has two huge closets; we use one for her and one for all the outgrown clothes and paraphernalia. However, right now we have a friend borrowing everything...I LOVE that someone is getting to use our things. Seems like such a waste since babies only wear and use things for such a short time.

In case anyone was wondering what I am doing with all Addison's monthly pictures, here you go. This is hanging in Addison's room.

4 comments:

  1. Everything looks great. And Addison looks so comfy in her room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Finally! I have been wanting to see the whole place. I can't believe you moved in in October! Where has this past year gone?

    Ps. Sorry I have been such a bad pen pal :(.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such such such a great post. Very glad u did this :) Not for our benefit, but for yours! I like seeing Addison's 'year' wall! That's great!

    ReplyDelete