- 6:30 AM: Woke up to say goodbye to Matthew and...went back to sleep :)
- 7:15 AM: Woke up and laid in bed for a while...I was exhausted this morning, don't know why
- 7:30 AM: Drank coffee and just reflected on the week and the week ahead
- 8:15 AM: I hear Addison talking so I go in to nurse and change her diaper
- 8:30 AM: Pump
- 8:45 AM: Feed Addison cereal with a bit of applesauce and some banana
- 9:00-9:20AM: Addison has independent play time in her play pen. She did not used to fuss during this time, in fact she LOVED it but since we got back from our two weeks in MS, she has been trying to fight it. We will get back. While she played, I unloaded the dishwasher, cleaned up from breakfast and ate my breakfast.
- 9:20-9:45AM: Structured play time with Mommy. This is where I pick the toy and we play with it together.
- 9:45AM: Clearly she is ready for a nap. She barley conked her head on a toy and fussed and cried for 15 min.
- 10:00AM: Read a story, sing "Jesus Loves Me" twice, and down for a nap
- 10:00-12:00PM: Make the bed, quiet time with God, put the laundry away, vacuumed basement, worked on consignment, ate lunch
- 12:05PM: Hear Addison talking in bed
- 12:15PM: Addison is still talking so I go get her, change her clothes then nurse
- 12:40PM: Addison eats lunch; Sweet Potato and Corn Puree, Spagehtti finger food and diced Monteray Jack cheese
- 1:00PM-2:00PM: Go on a walk (with Piper too), play on the swings at the playground
- 2:00-2:15PM: I vaccumed the main level and upstairs while Addison played in her crib and bouncer
- 2:20PM: AJ goes down for a nap
- 2:20-4:15PM: I shower and get ready for church; totally exhuasted I decide to have a snack and just working on consignment stuff! Also prep for dinner and make Addison's dinner.
- 4:30PM: Nurse and feed Addison (finger food green beans which she didnt like, puree green beans, cheese, and I cant remember what else). Finish making dinner. Play with Addison until Matthew gets home from work.
- 6:00PM: Matthew gets home from work, we eat dinner and load up the car to head to church (we stop by starbucks on the way---coffee for him, caramel hot chocolate for me)
- 7:00PM: Church begins, Addison goes to the nursery. There were lots of babies there, YAY!!!
- 8:20PM: Arrive home from church, nurse Addison, put her to bed (bedtime is usually about 7:45 but church keeps us up a bit later)
- 8:40PM-11:00PM: Hang out with Matthew time!!!!!!! We watch a few episodes of Bones on Netflix and I fall asleep in the last one :)
- 11:00PM: SLEEP!!!!
So there you have it, that is a fairly typical day for us with the exception of church which is only Wednesday and Saturday nights. And who says stay at home moms aren't busy???? Man...I am exhausted!!!
Loved the post!! It's so funny, because I've never seen anyone else do a "Day in the Life" post, but I've been wanting to do one for a while! I will have to do it finally. P.S. did you see the Entertainment Tonight on Wednesday?? Klein Oak theater dept. was on it!! Crazy!!!
ReplyDeleteI know, being a Mommy is so tiring, but so wonderful! :) Please do these every so often! I will miss our texting and I want to always know what your days are like.
ReplyDeleteI might have to do a post like this too ;) Parenting is exhausting but SO rewarding!! That's why I LOVE coffee ;)
ReplyDelete@the pokornys: I heard something about that, but I missed it!!! I wonder if I can find it online!
ReplyDelete@Stori: I will miss the texting sooo much. I will be so lonely!
@The Sweatman Family: It is SOOO rewarding!!! Some days I wonder how we will survive but then the next day is full of so much joy!!!! And I LOVE COFFEE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Speaking of, I would like some NOW!!!