Thursday, February 24, 2011

Happy Valentines Day


This was our valentine this year :)
All wrapped up!

Our valentines was pretty low key and that is how we like it! I made a special dinner complete with Texas Sheet cake for dinner than night and also gave Matthew a couple magazines he has been wanting (not a subscription, just a couple issues). Grandma Grant bought Addison a sweet little valentine outfit as well...and yes...she will wear this even when its NOT valentines day. I loved the shirt (pictures below) because it almost looks retro.

And last but not least, Matthew and I went out for a rare evening alone while Addison played with all her friends. She is the youngest of most of our friends kids here in DC, but not for long----two of them have one on the way!!!! Matthew and I went to Old Towne for dinner and then tried to hit up Starbucks but....we forgot they close so early on Sundays. We went to Target instead and raided the dollar bin!!! Addison was still up playing with all her friends (there were 6 other kids playing with her ages 9, 7, 5, 4, 3, 2) and she was having so much fun she was grinning ear to ear when we arrived to pick her up! Matthew wrote me the sweetest letter as my valentine gift and I loved it!!!!



Our valentine cheeseball smiler

Matthew's prize. Those are the flowers he got for me a few days before.

In Old Towne Alexandria





1 comment: