Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Gambrell Manor

Although I always prefer for all of the Grant Gang to be together, Addison and I enjoyed our time at Gambrell manor while Matthew was away on business for two weeks. I am very thankful to have the means and support to come to Gambrell manor while Matthew has to be away. We had a lot of fun!!

Addison did well on th flight over, but since she was way overtired when we FINALLY arrived (left our house at 7:00 AM EST and arrived at 3:30 PM EST) at Gambrell manor, it took an hour of me holding her fussing to finally fall asleep for an evening nap. She doesn't normally take an evening nap but after only sleeping a total of an hour all day (she usually naps about 4 hours a day) , she needed it.

I admit, I am not the best at being completely flexible with the routine I keep at home nor am I the best at letting everyone else step in and help with A.J. I am so accustom to doing most things totally on my own since we have no family in D.C., it is almost like I have to break a bad habit. One day (maybe when we are done nursing) I will break this nasty habit!

Addison warmed up to her Mia and Papa much quicker this time and was crawling all over them in no time. Mia is very patient and such a great teacher, Addison always learns to do so many things when she is with her. While at Gambrell manor Addison:
  • Began pulling up on anything, anyone and everything
  • Learned to say her name
  • Learned to say hot and learned that the fire in the fire place was "hot"
  • Meet her GREAT Grammy and Grandaddy McIntosh
  • MET HER PEN PAL (read all about their meeting on Stori's blog post "A Match Made In Pen Pal Heaven")
  • Went to Louisiana for the first time
  • Learned to play patty cake--meaning she knows how to do her hands during the song
  • Started sticking her tongue out...a lot and copies you when you do it
We did have a great time while in Mississippi, but the flight home was not as great. I think it will be a while before I brave flying alone again. Addison has ALWAYS been interested in what is going on around her and I think that got the best of her on the way home. We were exhausted when we got home, but she went right to sleep and was back into her normal routine the next day. We were so glad to see Matthew; he had cleaned up the house and bought me welcome home flowers!!! He is the bestest.

Not sure when our next trip will be, probably Thanksgiving.

She loves her some omelette

Enjoying a super snack with Papa

She loved sitting outside and playing with a little stick, haha!

Great Grannie talking to her only Great Grandbaby.....so far :)

Addison chillin with her Great Grammy

Great Grammy, Mia, Mommy and Addison!

Cheesing it up for Papa

Addison and Mia

3 comments:

  1. She is getting so big!!! Sad I didn't get to see yall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a terrific time with Kelly and Addison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Addie is so cute! Love seeing your mom again ;)

    ReplyDelete