Monday, February 21, 2011

A Trip Grandma Grant's Daycare

I am behind in my blogging, yet again!

While Addison and I visited Gambrell Manor a few weeks ago, we decided to spend a couple of days at Grandma's daycare to see the Grant side of the family. Originally we were supposed to be there for two nights and three days, but Addison's cousin Lyla (the one and only pupil at Grandma's daycare) got sick with a stomach bug. Knowing that we would be on a plane for 6-8 hours on Friday, we decided not to risk giving anything to Addison, so we delayed our trip by a day.

Addison enjoyed her time with Lyla. It took Addison a while to warm up to Lyla, since she is a bit shy and passive. She always needs a while to sit back, observe and assess the new people and environment. At first Addison whimpered any time L.C. came up to her but after an hour or so they started to play. Bath time together however did not go as well; I think Addison was tired from all the traveling and a little overwhelmed by all the toys, audience and bathing partner who could stand!! HAHA! After recovering from bath time...they were so cute having a little PJ party!

Personally, I enjoyed interacting with Lyla and Addison together. It was neat to see how they are only 10 months apart but yet still SO different developmentally. I am looking forward to the next few years when the 10 month age gap is nothing and they can really have a blast together! I bet in about 1-2 years they will get into all kinds of mischief together. It will be so fun!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment