16 week doctor appointment:
We had our 16 week doc appointment today. Addison minded so well when the nurse and/or doctor was in the room, in fact every time we laughed...she joined in too. When it was just she and I, she got antsy.
Anyways, I was very anxious for todays appointment because a couple of weeks ago when I went in for something non-manna related they wanted to listen to the heartbeat "real fast" and were unable to find it. Out with the ultrasound machine and within seconds, there Manna was bouncing in and out of the screen. So, this appointment I was ready to hear the heartbeat for the first time! After a few seconds, we heard it; the doctor counted the heartbeat and just as soon as she started.....Manna bounced out...then back in. We have a lil mover on our hands! All is well. We are putting off our anatomy ultrasound as late as possible since we do not find out the gender and so we could combine it with the next regular appointment. I like combining appointments and limiting my time in a waiting room as much as possible :) Next appointment is June 7 (unless Matthew cannot come with me, I like him to come to the ultrasound..tee hee).
Here is a little info on Manna:
Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.
I feel like between week 15 and 16 there was a growth spurt...my tummy popped out a lot. Maybe our due date is off?? :)
How am I feeling?
I had several days of horrible heartburn but it passed...so we are golden again!
Prayer this week:
I praise you and thank you for a wonderful doctor visit...you are truly a wonderful creator!
yay!! so glad you heard the heartbeat and can relax now :)
ReplyDelete