SO...to spare you from all the mush this time I thought I would share what we did for our anniversary.
Matthew was off on our anniversary so we spent the spent the day doing nothing too exciting. Since he was home, I did my all my normal Monday AND Tuesday cleaning (mopped, cleaned 2 of 3 bathrooms, did all the laundry, vacuumed, dusted) and my usual work out. MATTHEW on the other hand was entirely too productive---he trimmed the massive tree in the front yard, mowed, weed eated and washed my car.
Next we took my daily 45 minute power walk with Addison. My usual path takes us around a nearby lake/pond and through some woods, super fun!
We exchanged gifts...Matthew picked out a beautiful maternity dress all by himself for me, it was sooooooo sweet. I got him two gifts which doubled as his birthday present too----a new guitar strap and a wall hanger for his guitar :)
And FINALLY.....our DATE!!!!!!
Thankfully, our friends Daniel and Katie were willing to watch Addison for the evening. They are expecting a baby in Sept (Manna's future BFF) so they were able to get some practice on Addison (although I do not think they need any!). The lovliest part was Daniel and Katie watched her free of charge...makes living on a budget so much easier.
Second Stop: Starbucks, of course. We walked next door to a Starbucks where we enjoyed coffee and conversation. I am proud to say that we somehow managed to not talk about Addison or Manna the whole time. Strange. I felt like we really were on a date like before we were married :)
Final Stop: Target. After Five and Below, I had an ich to check out the dollar bins at Target. I only found blank greeting cards from the bin, but it was still fun to wander around the store hand in hand.
It was a great 2 year anniversary date!!!!! I love my Matthew!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment