Saturday, May 14, 2011

Turnip-ing it Up-17 Weeks +

05.14.11
17.5 Weeks along with Manna
How low can I carry this baby? Seriously! Also excuse my wet hair :) I can see the difference in size now, but still not as much as I thought it would be!

10.22.09
About 17-18 Weeks with Blessing/Addison.

I feel like we are "turnip-ing" (supposed to sound like turning, lol) it up on this pregnancy now that I am starting to get huge (huge in MY mind at least). We are about 17.5 weeks along...almost halfway done, I cannot believe it!

Nothing much new to report other than i feel like I made a huge jump in my size the past 2-3 weeks, so I wanted to post a picture.

Here is a lil info on Manna:

Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip; although if history is any indicator Manna is probably bigger, haha), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.

How am I doing?

Dandy! Nothing to complain about. Just grateful. I feel some movement, but not as much as I remember with Addison at this point, however I am much busier now. At this point of my pregnancy with Addison, Matthew we in DC and I was still in AL so I had lots of time to sit and wait for movement. PLUS any of you have had pregnancies this close together know things don't have time to get completely back to normal size; Manna probably has lots of room to swim!

Prayer this week:

Thank you, thank you for every tiny reassuring movement!!!! Thank you for a healthy pregnancy so far! Please continue to keep Manna healthy and strong.

1 comment:

  1. you know what carrying low means according to Old Wives' Tales. .a boy!

    Been meaning to write you for a while--I really, really enjoy readiing the blog!! I was telling my mom about the sign language post the other day :) . . .haven't written to you about my Life Span class because I think you're covering everything the book would advise in regards to a baby/infant's development. . .great job, Mom!!

    ReplyDelete