Thursday, August 25, 2011

32 Weeks

It was this time in my pregnancy with Addison that we were in the hospital thinking an emergency c-section was eminent (see 32 Weeks-A bit of a doozie for the full story), so I am thankful nothing exciting has happened lately :) Although I still wonder if that dose of steroids is what made Addison so big...never know!

I feel like my tummy size is starting to even out to about what it was this time during my pregnancy with Addison.

32 weeks, 2 days with Manna

32 Weeks with Addison

A little info on Manna:
Manna is about 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long. If Manna is anything like his/her big sister we might can assume he/she is a little heavier and longer, HA!

Summary of 32 Week Doctor Visit:
  • Heartbeat: 140's
  • BP: 100/70
  • Measurement: 32
  • The midwife said this week, she thinks boy :)
  • They have stopped internal exams (thankfully) until 38 weeks. Since I had already effaced some they wanted to monitor it until I stopped making progress and I did this time, yippie!
  • Everything was fine, next appointment is in 2 weeks...I dont know what I will do when they become weekly again, EEK!

How am I feeling:
Pretty great, but I can feel my endurance is finally slowing down a bit. I am still not supposed to exercise much due to my back problems, so sometimes I feel like a beached whale. Manna is a MOVER and a SHAKER. I thought Addison kicked me a lot...Manna puts Addison's movement to shame. This thing is constantly bouncing around. We still maintain we would LOVE LOVE LOVE a big ole chunker again!!!!! I have been struggling with acid reflux and this is about when that started with Addison. I know now that avoiding dairy helps mitigate it, so....no more milk. Totally not a big deal.

Gender voting:
Get ready to head to the poles, in a few weeks I will start taking wagers on gender, birthday and weight for Manna!

Thoughts on delivery:
I decided to add this section going forward. So far, we have no reason to think we would need a planned c-section. Matthew and I both strive for a pain medication free labor and delivery. If Manna takes 36 hours like Addison, that's probably not feasible but----our goal is pain medication free as of right now. My doctor would love for me to schedule an induction right around the due date vs letting me go overdue, but they are leaving it up to us. As of now, we are going to pray that we are able to labor without induction this time but the doctor SAYS they will only let me go 7 days late this time vs. the 10-11 days late last time. I still reserve the right to change my mind about pain meds, but that is how we feel right now.

1 comment: