Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Look Who Is 4 Months!

Happy 4 Months to our Caleb Asher!

The Stats
  • Weight: 17 lbs, 2.2 oz (83%)
  • Height:  26ish inches (86%)
  • Head Circumference: 16.75 inches (80%)
  • Overall:  He looks healthy and happy to them.  The doctor said Caleb is most definitely teething and that she could see his tooth/teeth under the gums causing a little bump.  They also said we could start rice cereal now if we wanted to help his poop schedule even out as well as help with his reflux.  We have not talked about what we will do.
The Developments
  • Sleeping:  Caleb is sleeping great at night and his naps are improving each day.  He has more days where he naps well than he does not now.  He is waking up slightly earlier than his official wake up time in the mornings, but I believe this is because is FINALLY pooping again.  He goes in the morning and has a hard time going back to sleep afterward.  Generally he talks for a while before getting fussy, but I cannot blame him for not wanting to sit in a wet and dirty diaper.  
  • Routine:  He is on a 3.5 to 4 hour schedule with his day now targeting to begin at 8:00 am.  He was staying asleep until 8 am until about a week ago when he went from pooping once a week to five times a day.  Now his poop wakes him up a little early but we aim to leave him in bed until about 7:50-8:00 am. Of course he follows the eat/play/sleep cycle until bedtime (which occurs between 7:30 and 8:00) with about 1 hour and 45 minutes of wake time.  Once he can stay awake a little longer and stay happy I think he will be completely on a 4 hour schedule.  I am not in a hurry though.  I know he will be there soon enough, especially when we start solids.
  • Eating:  Still nursing.  I take it day by day.  I have enough in the freezer to last a couple months so even if I quit now he would make it to 6 months at least on breastmilk.  I dont mind it so much and the only thing that keeps me going with it is knowing how sensitive his stomach is.
  • Mobility:  Caleb is able to push all the way up with his arms straight and stay there for quite a while.  He started rolling over again today (2.27) and once he remembered how to do it, he did it several times; he was laughing so hard it rolled him over and it made him remember how!  The very early signs of rolling back to tummy are starting to pop up--looking WAY up and around when on his back.  And even as I type this he is trying to roll that way!  He can bare a little weight on his legs and his figuring out how to kinda bounce in his Baby Einstein jumper.
  • Verbal:  "baba" and "mmm" are his favorite noises.  When left alone in a quiet room he really gets to talking...LOUD.
  • Personality/Disposition:  He loves smiling, loves his sister and still loves to snuggle.  Stranger anxiety is rearing is ugly head the past few days so I do not think we will dodge separation anxiety; we certainly did not with Addison.  Caleb is very sensitive and temperamental.  Any tiny pain or discomfort and he will let you know.  I am not sure why, but he sure loves me.  All I have to do is look at him and he is nothing but smiles. 
  • Independence:  Since he is used to all the noise and hussle and bustle of Addison he has moments when he wants to be entertained vs. entertaining himself.  It is all a work in progress.
Caleb:  I hope you will forgive your tired, brain power deprived, ignorant, easily frustrated and confused mom.  I hope most of all you will forgive me where I fall short and where I fail.  I am not perfect but I try my hardest to be the best mom I can to you.  You brighten my day with your smile and your big beautiful eyes.  I am thankful you have such a loving and caring big sister and a daddy who loves you so much.  Each day is filled with challenges that I never knew I would face and I hope with God's grace I overcome them WITH grace.













2 comments:

  1. He is all in proportion...a cute package. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, you are my hero and I love you and your precious family. I desperately owe you an email!

    ReplyDelete