After a long appointment and lots of probing (BLAH) we could not find the source of the bleed so off for an ultrasound I went....alone. I do most ob appointments and pediatrician appointments alone, but the last ultrasound I had alone was NOT good news. It was the day we found out olive did not make it. Not very much fun to get that news alone. I was nervous about going alone, but I knew God already had this planned out. Nervous was not even the word. Just ready to have information and move on.
Everything ended up being fine and I got to see the lil thing on TV (I would say "little girl" because I am sure it is, but then you would think I know the gender, which I do not), but they sure put me through some suspense ha.....
The tech is not allowed to say anything. I saw two arms. I saw it swallowing. I saw the heart. I saw ONE baby. I saw the spine. I saw the stomach. I saw what I felt like was lots of fluid. I did not see legs, but I do not think she ever went down there. Every measurement had me at almost 19 weeks. BUT she did not say anything other than...
"The midwife does not want you to leave until we call her"
WHAT?! Ok, well wait more....
She returns "The radiologist looked at it and we called Heather {shes the midwife who owns the practice and delivered Blythe} and they want you to go to their office to talk"
WHAT?! Now what would you be thinking???
Arrive at midwives office and hear "Everything is fine and looks great!"
S.U.S.P.E.N.S.E
I would not know a gender in an ultrasound if it hit me in the face, so if you see something that reveals the gender, then keep it to yourself.....we are still clueless :)
![]() |
| This looks like Caleb sleeping, but I still maintain it is a girl! |




No comments:
Post a Comment