Saturday, November 28, 2015

Caleb Asher, 4 Years Old



As per usual, I am late with these things.  When I pulled these pictures off the camera I realized I never posted pictures from LAST CHRISTMAS!!  I am doing my best to chronicle our lives so that one day, hopefully, our children will be able to read these posts and see how much fun we had and how loved they were/are!  But, I am not living in the past....because today I am posting *finally* about Caleb being FOUR!  And for a fun comparison, this is Addison's Four Year Post just 18 months ago!

Stats:
Height:  42.26 inches (86.76%); Almost the same height as Addison at the same age, guess she really is tall!
Weight: 42 lbs, 12.3 oz (90.56%)
BP:  92/67
Clothing Size: 5
Shoe Size: 9.5
Doc Summary:  He is growing well and reaching all milestones on time or ahead.  We had a lengthy discussion regarding his continuing stomach issues and decided it is time for a celiacs disease test. When he was very little and we were stuggling with an unknown source of discomfort, I did an extreme elimination and we found dairy and gluten to bother him.  We were dairy and gluten free for a long time but eventually added gluten back.  While we all agree his growth is not inhibited by whatever is still bothering his stomach, he is still uncomfortable even though he remains low to no dairy. He is finished with his immunizations (other than flu each year) for a long time.....not even any before he starts kindergarten.
Aspirations:  Fireman and Wee School Teacher
Favorite Foods:  Banana, cherrios, oatmeal, broccoli soup, raw veggies, ALL FRUIT, yogurt
Least Favorite Foods:  Chili, anything with lots of texture, black beans, chicken, green beans, peas, basically anything healthy but he still eats it to comply.....
Favorite Things:  Playing legos, pretending to be a super hero, reading, any media of any kind
Least Favorite Things:  Being quiet, sitting still, obeying :), meal times
Personality:  Caleb is very kind, inclusive and protective.  A month or so ago the kids were at the playground and Addison was playing a game with several kids, including a 5th grader.  I watched the game progress and was well aware it was a fun game; it was a lot like keep away.  Caleb however did not understand it was a game.  He saw them "teasing" Addison and playing "keep away" from her (it was all within the context of the game because I was watching from a distance) and a firey protective Caleb went up to the 5th grader to rescue his sister.  He was not aggressive, but VERY vocal about NOT being unkind to his sister.  I was impressed on two levels 1) that he would stand up to a boy so much older than him for his sister and 2) that he did NOT use aggression.  Once I explained the game to him, he "allowed" them to play with his sister :)  Caleb consistently includes others in play and while he has his selfish moments....he is very kind and considerate of others.  Our current challenges are obeying the first time without complaining and general respect for mommy and daddy.  He recently made some great progress but has back stepped a little.  He is so intune to people that he knows how to push buttons and it remains a challenge for me to NOT react to his behavior.  The best medicine is to unemotionally punish consistently.  The enduring qualities far outweigh the bad, obviously!  He is learning to read and he is SO excited to do it!!!  It is just as amazing to watch him learn to read as it was Addison!
One Month, November 2011

One Year, October 2012

18 Months, April 2013

2 Years, October 2013

3 Years, October 2014

4 Years, October 2015


Show me your muscles!
This was taken closer to his birthday but I could not find the bear.  I had to share because I thought he looked cute

All three crazies

All three crazies

All three crazies

My darling Caleb,
You teach me so much about how to fiercely love.  You BIG love your sisters, daddy and I.  You love without regard to anyone around you, without regard to how anyone is feeling, without hesitation, without any selfishness.  I so admire this about you.  You can even tell when someone NEEDS to be loved on whether they are having a bad day or feeling sad...you even know someone needs it and they do not even know it themselves.  It has been an honor to watch you love your sisters, especially your younger sister Blythe.  

Forgive me when I lose my patience with you, I am striving to raise you up and train you right but I will fail too.  Admittedly, I fear I will crush your exuberant spirit and struggle with what/how to teach and train you.

You have such a sweet spirit long to learn about the bible and how to read.  I am amazed as I watch you memorize bible verses with ease and excitement.  You have been learning to read lately and it is SO wonderful to watch it all come together.

I hope and pray you keep your kind, loving and exuberant spirit.  You are growing into a wonderful young man.  Thank you for forgiving me when I fall short and for loving all of us so fiercely.  Thank you for teaching me so much about love.  I am so thankful for you my darling.  I am so thankful God chose ME to be your mommy, so thankful.  I cannot wait to watch you continue to grow!

Love you....BIG love you, Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment