Saturday, December 19, 2009

Doc Visit Results

We had our first doc appt in VA yesterday! All good reports!! I LOVED the midwife that we saw. As you may imagine, they are somewhat like hippies with the whole "natural" mindset, but I really, really like that. I will not lie, I am NOT going to even try to be a hero and do this thing without an epidural, but I like that HOPEFULLY that will be the only drug I have to take---and they will be very supportive of that!!

According to my midwife, the baby is a little on the large size (and are we surprised?? Not at all). She said size wise the baby is about a week and half ahead of the norm. She agreed that it's better it be a little on the big size. The good news? She does NOT think it will be a ten pounder like me :) If the baby gets much further ahead in size, they will do another ultrasound otherwise we will probably not get another one until March.

She said everything is looking and progressing perfectly!!

We go to the doc every two weeks now and the next appointment is the sugar test :)

Our friends Amber and Kenneth recommended the book "On Becoming Babywise" to help us get the baby on a good sleeping and eating schedule---so we just started reading it. I love it already!!!

Blessing and I excited to leave for our doc appt on Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Kelly, you make pregnancy look glorious, I'm not even kidding. As I mentioned before, I think that's why you were planned to go before me. Thank you Lord! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard great things about babywise! :) Whatever makes a happy momma, daddy and blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute!!!! Ok So I tried to get Justin to take a road trip to DC yesterday but he said no. Maybe next month. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Babywise, and it was very helpful!! It is a bit overwhelming though because it has so much great info in it. Kelly Coker

    ReplyDelete