Progressive Dinner Date Night: We have been trying to find time for Matthew's great idea for a Progressive Dinner Date night...and we finally found time tonight!! For those unfamiliar with the concept, basically we go to a different restaurant for each course. I recommend this for other couples----it's like 3 to 4 dates in one, try it. And a summary....
- Appetizer: Bonefish Grill for Bang Bang shrimp and bread with dipping sauce. There was a 75 minute wait so we shared a table with two other random families in the bar area (for those of you wondering, there is no smoking in restaurants here). It was fun talking with the other families.
- Main Course: After making a Target pitstop to look for St. Patrick's day and Easter socks for niece LC (unsuccessful might I add), we headed to Silver Diner for the "main" course. With such a diverse menu, it took us about 30 minutes to decide what to eat. We ended up with a smorgasbord of diner appetizers......and a salad :) We selected four songs for the jukebox to play, but after we waited for an hour to hear them---we decided the cue was entirely too long and eventually gave up. We entertained ourselves by playing games such as tic-tac-toe, hang man and 21 questions. Matthew dominated pretty much all the games.
- Dessert: By the time we finished the other meals, we were feeling full so we defaulted to the ole tried and true Starbuckaroos for some Java!!
PIPER!!! Just had to share Piper with her Early Easter present. Gotta love the dollar bin at Target!
Are We There Yet?.....38 Weeks Update: Uneventful doctor's appointment as with all the others. Everything is right on track with both Baby and Mom....well on track according to the Doctors :) On track to ME would be....Blessing is here LOL! We did not get an ultrasound as we thought, but hearing the heartbeat is just as good. They will do an ultrasound at 40 weeks if Blessing has not made his/her debut. Although we are anticipating the arrival, Matthew and I are just using this time to go on as many dates as possible!
Yes I do notice Blessing is lower! :) I'm so glad to see ya'll are going on lots of dates. Very smart and prepared. I'm keeping my phone closer than ever for anticipation of texts or phone calls :)
ReplyDeletelove the progressive meal date idea! Also love you are going on as many as possible- so smart! I am anxiously awaiting the word on Blessing too! My heart start racing yesterday when I saw something about post partom in your facebook status! Gotta read closer!!
ReplyDelete