39 Week Update
Top of the morning to all my blogger friends (had to throw a lil Irish in there in honor of St. Patrick's day)! Not too much to update this week on "Blessing", other than we are still waiting for the imminent arrival. Doctor's visit revealed all normal measurements for mommy and baby---BP: 110/65 (yes, it has been this low all along and when not pregnant I am in the 90's), Baby Heartbeat: 156, Fundal Height: 38 cm. According to BabyCenter.com, Blessing is the size of a mini watermelon, that's big if you ask me.
Midwife Gina shared with me that I am very effaced---which is good....it did not take full out labor to accomplish that!!! YAY!!! She does antipate seeing me at my next visit---one day AFTER the due date. She recommended taking Evening Primrose Oil (a vitamin) three times a day to help with the onset of labor; I did not waste anytime putting her recommendation into action! I refer to the vitamins as "Bring on the Labor Pills"...so....BRING IT ON!!!! I will do anything to help us avoid an induction---so I follow the doctor's orders :)
God is in control of the timing, place and method that "Blessing" arrives. We knew all along that God had a special plan for our precious "Blessing" since against the odds, we got pregnant. I have a sense of peace about the delivery and being a Mommy and I truly anticipate it to be a wonderful experience for Matthew and I. Now I must relinquish over to him my anxieties about life when we get home from "Blessing's" birth! We feel so privileged and honored to be called to be parents. Each day we pray that the Lord teaches us how to be Godly parents and how to raise our children to be not only followers but PASSIONATE followers. If you can give us anything, please bless us with your prayers to be the parents God called us to be!!!
You don't look tired!! I am saying prayers that "blessing" will come soon. Miss you!
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful! I will of course be praying for you and Matthew to become Godly parents. That's been my biggest anxiety too... not any of the other things... just the idea of "being parents" and can we raise Godly, passionate children! You will be wonderful at it, I have no doubt :).
ReplyDelete