We are pleased to announce, Blessing is now considered official full term! That means he/she can come any day----hopefully sooner rather than later (aka the due date). We have bags packed, car seat installed, room ready...all we need is a baby!
The weekly doctor's visit revealed a negative GBS Screening; this means that if all else goes well we get to labor at home for quite a while and I do not need antibiotics during the delivery. Knowing how uncomfortable the hospital can be, I was relieved that we are able to labor at home until contractions are 5 minutes apart--YAY!
The midwife I saw yesterday is my favorite one...she said the baby is still head down and probably does not have room to turn any other way. Using her 27 years of experience, she guessed the baby is 7 pounds now and will be high 8 pounds to mid 9 pounds if born at 40 weeks. She ordered an ultrasound for the next visit and left it up to us if we wanted to have it done. The purpose of the ultrasound would be to determine baby's size, but it can still be 1-1.5 pounds off. IF the baby was weighing in at the 98th percentile, the doctor might recommend a c-section, but we do NOT have to have the c-section since the weight can be so far off when using the ultrasound to guess. At the end of the day, the weight is just a guessing game and we would like to let nature take its course rather than inducing or anything (we will see how I feel about that if Blessing decides to stay longer than March 22). Everything else was right on track.....yay!
So, many of you have asked what we decided for pain control (assuming it is not a c-section)....well....1) absolutely no narcotics will be used, 2) I am going to try to avoid the epidural all together (yes that means an ATTEMPT at a drug free delivery) but IF I do get one....I will for sure wait until the "point of no return" to get it. We shall see how that plan works out. We are a good team, so I would like to believe we can do this!!!
We are ready......hoping the baby comes......as in tomorrow....LOL! Keep checking back in case Blessing decides to arrive :)
Kelly! I am so excited for you guys. Nick and I feel the same way about the baby's u/s weight, induction, and attempting to labor it out the natural way (for as long as we can and maybe make it allll the way!). We've been reading a book called "Supernatural Childbirth" and praying the prayers almost every night in preparation. I have talked to ladies who used that book to prepare for natural birth, and I'd be happy to share their stories because they all turned out a little differently, but still wonderful!
ReplyDeleteHis blessings to you, Matthew and Blessing!
Thanks Stori! I have a friend that did it all natural and she has been giving me some GREAT insight into the whole thing. Biggest takeaway so far---the most pain is actually NOT the pushing. I didnt know that!!!
ReplyDeleteI will let you know if my attempts to do it drug free work :) I think if we decide to get the u/s it would more be for me to know what I am getting myself into....hahaha!
I can't beleive this time is getting so close. You look absolutely adorable, of course, and I'm so excited to meet Blessing!!!
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about the size all of my babies were big babies. Julia weighed 9 pounds one ounce and Jack weighed 9 pounds three ounces. You will be fine having a real delivery even with a big baby. Can't wait to see the new baby!
ReplyDeleteGetting close!! Can't wait to find out what you are having! My sono was way off, Reese weighed much smaller than the estimated weight. Sooner isn't necessarily better. The fetal lungs can still be immature at 37 weeks. Babies do the best born after 39 weeks! Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteSo great to hear how well it's going! I will be praying for your delivery- I will be so impressed if you can go drug free!! I will consider that too- I am just such a pain wimp! :). I got to hold a one day old little boy last week- so precious! It's amazing how fast my arm got sore though. You are going to have some good biceps! :). Miss you!
ReplyDelete