Happy 3 Months to Our Addison Joy!
My how time as flown by; I cannot believe our sweet Addison Joy is 3 Months old today. It seems like I was just writing the blogs about how she was ELEVEN DAYS LATE!
She is changing so much everyday that even I cannot keep up---and I even stay at home with her! Here are some of the latest accomplishments:
SIZE:
- Graduated to 6 month-ISH sized clothes. Her length is definitely size 6 month, the rest is questionable.
- Has to be between 15 and 16 pounds, if not more.
- Guessing she is about 25 inches long.
- Moved up to size 2 diapers during the day and size 3 at night!
- Motor Mouth--lots of grunts as well as"ah-goo", "ba", "oooo" and even a razz in the back of her throat and with her lips.
- Started giggling and giggles all the time...especially when being swaddled for sleep time!
- Has discovered her hands are the most intriguing toy yet. She admires them and chews on them all the time. And YES that means she sucks her thumb some.
- Sitting up very well now, with some support.
- Eye hand coordination is astounding-she can reach for things very intentionally and gently; the random swatting at toys has nearly disappeared.
- Loves to stand up supported by your hands; she giggles the minute you stand her up.
- DROOL MACHINE!!!
- Her hair is a really pretty golden brown and blond. In pictures it looks red, but I assure you it is not. Although she has a wicked Mohawk with the way her hair is filling in.
- We are testing an extended schedule currently. She has been on a 3 hour schedule since birth and we now testing out 3.5 hour. Not sure it will be successful, but worst case is we go back to the 3 hour schedule for another month but I am perfectly ok with that!
- Stayed in the nursery in church for the first time and has done great every time since. mom's out there....you know the secret :)
- Napped in the pool! We got her a float and although the label says she is too young for it---she LOVED hanging out in the pool in it so much that she napped in it!
We feel so blessed to have a precious little girl who lives up to her middle name so perfectly--JOY. She is a JOY to be around, brings such JOY to Matthew and I and is just so happy and JOYful all the time. I am amazed at all she accomplishes each day and it reminds me of how quickly this time will pass. We try to relish each moment and each milestone. We love her so much!
What's Coming Up Next for the Grant Gang?
- First Flight: Addison will take her first of what I am sure will be many flights tomorrow. We are flying to Mississippi for vacation. Although I anticipate she will do beautifully, I cannot help but be a bit nervous. I do not want her to disturb others!!
- First Family Vacation: During the MS vacation, Addison will meet LOTS of new faces. Throughout the trip, she will meet many of her extended family members on BOTH sides as well as many of our close friends. I am particularly looking forward to her meeting GREAT grandmothers (four of them) and her one and only Great Granddaddy! Her first playtime with her one and only cousin, (so far) Lyla, is also going to be a highlight for our first family vacation.
- Working: I have been consulting/working from home for the past month for the hospital I was working for before Addison was born. Sometimes its hard to get work in plus take care of her plus all the other daily things (cook, straighten up, laundry, grocery store, etc.) but it is worth it. I somehow manage to do everything during the day so Matthew and I can spend quality time together during the evenings. It sure keeps me busy and I enjoy the people I work with!
She discovered that she likes the teddy bear and couldn't keep her hands off of it when I was snapping this picture!

So amazing to see how much she has changed and grown :) Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteShe's so big! I love it. I am definitely going to start taking picture of Isla next to a bear because you can tell how much she has grown in just one month. Amazing!
ReplyDeleteI feel the exact same way you do - "He makes the barren woman to be a JOYFUL mother of children." I think about all of the JOY these little princesses bring us all the time. We are soooo blessed!!!!
Also, I don't know how you find the time to work, take care of your home and Addison... AND write me extremely long advice emails. You are amazing and THANK YOU!
Girls are SO much fun!! :)
ReplyDelete